Carrying with no license..

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by GlockRenegade, Jun 26, 2013.

1. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

So I have a friend that has started carrying certain times and places but does not have a CHL. For example he doesn't go to the movies without a gun. Recent events have lead him to make this decision. I have told him there would be major consequences if he got busted. He told me yes you're right, but if the place he was at was getting shot up, and he used his gun to stop the shooter, the Consequnces would be worth it. Of course this is nothing but IF, IF, IF. We just got to talking after a few beers. (No guns lol). What are yalls thoughts?

2. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

Why doesn't he get his ccp? He is risking a lot.

3. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Even if he is a hero and saves everyone's life he is still going to be in big trouble. He needs to get everything legal in a hurry if he feels the need to carry a handgun.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Man is gonna do what he thinks he has to.

Mind you, may not be the BRIGHTEST idea in the world. Since if he gets arrested, in some places that will hand him a felony. THAT means he loses his right to possess ANY gun. Forever.

DAMN that is a long time.

Are you asking for my advice? If so- (1) get a permit. (2) If you are in an area where you cannot get one, move.

5. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

QFT

Not something I would do, but that is the nature of civil disobedience. Pick your hill, and live with the consequences.

6. derpie

derpie New Member

Funny thing is the criminals do it all the time, as they sometimes say it's better to be judged by twelve. Then carried by six....

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i believe he's being very foolish and irresponsible and also breaking the law. personally, i'd put some real estate between you and him.

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Being a responsible citizen is not the same thing as being a criminal. If he lives in a state that offers the opportunity to get a carry permit, then he should get one. That is what responsible citizens do. I carry at the theatre. They could ask me to leave. But that is all. Getting caught without a permit...yea that is a totally different matter.

9. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

Don't know where you're located, but here in Missouri, we have the Castle Doctrine. Means we can carry a Gun in our Vehicles as protection, WITHOUT a License. Other States might have different Laws concerning this.
    However, once you step foot out that Vehicle and you have a Gun on you, YOU better have a Permit to conceal carry or open carry depending on City Laws, or it's a few nights stay at the Grey Bar Hotel, Huge Legal Fees, Embarrassment to yourself and Family, and possibility of losing your Job. You also lose your rights to Gun Priviledges---FOREVER---as you're now listed as a Criminal.
    Actually, you're considered a Criminal just by doing this, because it's against the Law. Only thing saving your Friend right now, is he hasn't gotten caught---YET. That's too much to lose, to protect one's Family, with all the well-meaning they may have, by not going through such a simple CCW Class.
    Del

10. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I know someone whose son is in jail for carrying without a license. The boy has changed a lot and now has tatoos like a gangster. She cries a lot.....

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

if he wants to take risks like that he should cowboy up if he gets caught.

most folks will try to weasel out of it.

if this nation was a free one we wouldnt need ccw cards. but its not a free country and there are consequences for defying our slave masters.

12. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Open carry not an option? I understand the reasoning to want to carry but this...friend will need to understand that no matter what side of a SD issue he is still illegally carrying. It's like getting in a wreck with no drivers license. The wreck might not have been your fault but an unlicensed driver had no reason to be there to begin with. It's a lose-lose.

13. arizona

arizona New Member

In AZ as well as some other states we do not need a permit for most concealed carry. The permit does allow you to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. The decision to get a permit should be determined in large part by local laws.

14. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

The AZ CC permit also allows you reciprocity with a number of other states

15. AR10

AR10 New Member

Next time you see him, put a quarter on the table, and tell him that is all it takes to get him ten years in max security prison, loosing his gun and voting rights forever, as well as being branded a felon for the rest of his life.

Seems a foolish trade off to play John Wayne at the movies.

After you give him the quarter, look into raising your own social status. Your friend sounds like a thug.

16. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

Inbetween slugs of beer, did the question as to why he has to do it illegally ever come up?

17. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Find a new friiend... something is going on inside him. If you happened to be with him when he gets caught then you've got big time problems yourself. He is :confused: and may have a "past life" you're not aware of. :eek:

18. steve666

steve666 New Member

Here in Indiana if there are no other charges (if it comes out of the holster, fired or not, there will be other charges!!!) and it is your first time you will be charged with Carrying a Handgun without a License as a Class A misdemeanor which carries up to 1yr in jail and $1000 fine (usually fine and probation). Second offense or other charges bump it up to a felony with much worse consequences. In either case a conviction for a firearm offense will make it hard, if not impossible, to get a license in the future.

19. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

He's already a convicted criminal & unable to get a permit or a idiot--bout it-

20. ndfi78

ndfi78 New Member

I'm wondering what his reasoning was for not getting a CHL...