Carrying outside of home state?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by fupuk, Aug 3, 2013.

1. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Me and the wife are going on a trip on the bike next week. But I would really like a book that would explain each states laws to consealed carry. I know what states honor our permits but would like to know more about their laws in regards to traffic stops and where we can not carry. Ive found a couple on Amazon but dont know of a good book thats worth the money. Thanks in advance, going to the book store in the morning to see if I can find anything.

2. jarhead0881

jarhead0881 New Member

If you and the Mrs. are heading down to Florida, the Florida Firearms book by Jon Gutmacher is all you need for any info on Florida gun laws. I recommend this book to everybody I know who owns firearms in the state. Hope this helps.

3. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

You could get the Legal Heat app

5. fupuk

fupuk New Member

6. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Make sure to update every year in January. Other than that, it rolls up into a bed roll or stuffs in a saddlebag easily.

7. fupuk

fupuk New Member

My bike dont have bags. Were just bringing a backpack and a change of clothes. It will be fun, we thinking taking a ferry across Lake Michigan to Milwaukee. Then ride to Sturgis and back through the upper peninsula and down to Ohio to meet up with one of buddys.

8. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Roadtrip !!!

DANG that sounds like fun!!... Be safe and have a good time... in the meantime, have you seen this; http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/d_ccwrec.asp ...If it's up to date and accurate, it looks like you'll have no issue where you're going and back. Still, I agree having an up to date legal manual can save you some hassle. Again, have fun and know you're welcome here in my home state of North Carolina should you ever decide to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway... ;)

9. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

10. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

11. fupuk

fupuk New Member

So we booked the ferry to Milwaukee for this Friday at 10:15am, then were gonna spwnd the day at the Harley museum and crash in Milwaukee. Then 860 miles to Sturgis for a few days.