Carrying open and concealed

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Seanbo123, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Seanbo123

Seanbo123 New Member

Just taking note, well wouldnt you have to say that there are certain situations where carrying openly is just as good as concealing your piece. Not saying it is good on a daily basis but it has come in handy with me once

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Situationally dependent, but in general, no. When I take my jacket off at the barber's place is one thing, when I am fishing or hunting another (I use a 10 inch .357 for some deer hunting). If I am in a place that I have to make it known that I am carrying prior to an overt threat being made to me, I have to ask what I am doing in that place to begin with. I DO have friends that run a gun shop, and they all open carry for very good reason- but that is THEIR situation.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Not trying to bust your stuff man, but we have a couple different threads debating this very topic right now. If I were on the computer instead of my phone I'd link them up for you :)

4. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

Same here. I take a look at every situation.

5. nccinstaller

nccinstaller New Member

I conceal probably 99% of the time. I dont really want extra attention in public when u open carry. And i like the element of surprise if i needed it

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

Right now i ccw/oc sorta. My carry gun is a colt new agent in a iwb holster. The grip rides outside the belt outside my shirt but under a light jacket. I dont care if it shows a little if the wind blows or it rides up a little.

Come summer i gotta figure a better ccw method. Best ive come up with so far is a undershirt to keep the gun from rubbing me raw. I dont want to flaunt full oc i just like not having to worry if a sheeple sees my 45 by accident.

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I would only carry openly where it would be expected. OC is legal here in Iowa, but I wouldn't OC here. No one expects it and it would only make people nervous.

If I'm in AZ up on the Mogollon Rim, I'd likely carry open there. In the metro areas would be much less of a problem there than here.

8. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

My thoughts exactly. Why invite unwanted attention?

9. shadamai

shadamai New Member

10. vincent

vincent New Member

...and several other threads. Isn't this topic played out yet?

11. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

If not it has to be getting pretty close.

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I carry concealed because OK law doesnt allow open carry. Even if i did have the option to open carry i would still conceal carry. I dont like ANY attention,good or bad. I like staying under the radar and keeping my business,my business.

13. Seanbo123

Seanbo123 New Member

Well i know about unwanted attention and i Always conceal except one prior situation and some others about a couple gun fights ive been in but thats the only time i have had to show my weapon and i know there is a few other threads but they dont exactly and tend 100% to my topic I am trying to discuss :)

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

I doubt it. We still debating the 1911/glock thing when its totally moot cuz hipoint trumps em all...

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

Nothing beats a Hi Point. Nothing.

16. Biohazurd

Biohazurd New Member

I only open carry out in the field while hunting. In denver open carry is illegal. Even if i could though i would stilll cc.

17. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

Here in tx Oc is illegal but it's fine with me I wouldn't oc in public anyways I only do in the woods or on private property with family and friends while hunting or whatever