Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who only carry only one weapon, when in your vehicle do you remove the weapon for easy access and reholster when you exit?

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
I do remove it for easier access, but it's not necessary for me. I can get to it just fine while it's holstered, but why wouldn't I make it a little easier?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I carry crossdraw & wear button up, but unbuttoned & untucked shirts. When I get into a vehicle I make sure my seat belt doesn't trap my cover garment & I can reach my pistol easier than from anywhere else in the vehicle, regardless if a passenger or driving.

·
Administrator
26,138 Posts
Cross draw. Can reach it when seated. Can USE it when seated without BONKING the steering wheel if a threat is on my left.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I carry with a forward cant in a serpa holster. Even from a sitting position access is easy.
This is how I carry as well. The only time I will remove it is if, for some reason, it's uncomfortable. I've only come across a few seats that have caused that so far.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I carry just forward of my right hip and like GollyGee, I frequently wear an unbuttoned shirt and make sure that the shirt isn't confined by the seatbelt. I can definitely draw from there. And if I have the wife with me, she's carrying as well and shoots scary good:eek:. (never scare a woman who can shoot, it could be your last mistake).

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
When I'm carrying just one it doesn't matter usually because I carry cross draw on front of left hip and can draw from there either handed w ease.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I carry IWB but generally tuck my shirt in behind the area where the gun is holstered and also adjust the seatbelt. Not to go off topic, but theres always a knife in cup holder and in the door compartment as backup

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
GlockRenegade said:
I carry IWB but generally tuck my shirt in behind the area where the gun is holstered and also adjust the seatbelt. Not to go off topic, but theres always a knife in cup holder and in the door compartment as backup
I got a better back up-454 Cassul strapped to the shifter and a 12 GA in the gunrack behind my head;)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Nope, i always keep mine holstered even when driving. Occasionally, if alone i will have it on the seat but since technically in my state its illegal, i rarely do that. I pretty much just like keeping mine holstered from the time i leave home to the time i get home if possible.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, I carry in a Glock holster at 4:30-5:00 position. I usually place my weapon between the driver seat and the center console, it holds extremely well but every time I exit I have to reholster. When I leave the weapon in the holster drawing is almost impossible from a seated position which makes it useless.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glockpotion23 said:
Nope, i always keep mine holstered even when driving. Occasionally, if alone i will have it on the seat but since technically in my state its illegal, i rarely do that. I pretty much just like keeping mine holstered from the time i leave home to the time i get home if possible.
How do you carry?

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
Can't draw my deep cover CCW while seated so I keep a Ruger SP101 down loaded with .38 Special in the truck.

Tack

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Tackleberry1 said:
Can't draw my deep cover CCW while seated so I keep a Ruger SP101 down loaded with .38 Special in the truck.

Tack
Is that CCW deep cover or DEEEP cover tack????;)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Glockpotion23 said:
I carry around the 3:30 position. The trick is that i practice drawing from the holster even in the car. Takes time to get used to it but it works for me.
Very smart to practice. I need to start doing that in the car.

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
I'ma laugh my *** off when someone shoots the radio...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts