carrying in costume?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by potentialglock, Oct 31, 2012.

1. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

I'm just curious did anybody carry in costume tonight?

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Really? Did you dress up? What were you?

I'm at work, a no guns workplace. So, no gun, no costume either.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Why wouldn't you?

4. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Put a orange compensater on it and say its part of the costume.

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I did not dress up. But I walked around with my 23 year old daughter and my grandson. I was packing of course.

6. Moby

Moby New Member

errrrrr......a bit old for that.

7. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

I was jc. I did not dress up. Just had my pocket pistol while I sat on the driveway handing out candy. I just thought it'd be an entertaining thread.

8. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Yes. I dressed up as an insane gun fanatic.

9. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

My costume was controversial enough, I don't think adding a gun would help it at all.. Haha

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I know one guy in Kalifornistan that dressed up like a 20's gangster. The police did not think his toy gun was funny since it was painted all black. If you are in Kalifornistan, paint your gun to look like a toy.:rolleyes:

11. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Only for SASS!

12. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Op sec is job one brother....I'll never tell :cool:

13. racer_x

racer_x New Member

lol walk around in cover all and a hockey mask with an orange gun who would ask? lol

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

In general, not a good idea to mix live real firearms with a costume. Single action shooting sports excepted.

I DID have one Halloween that I DID carry- "in costume". In my LEO days, did Exec Security for Governor/ First Family. Yeah, that includes the kids. Usually if we were going to a football game, etc, we would change into sweatshirt and jeans, etc.

One Halloween First Lady asked if we could take the youngest (age 6) trick or treating- two of the older kids had friends coming over for a party- and the kids sort of considered us as uncles and aunts.

When I took him out that night to make the rounds, I was in full uniform- and everyone thought I was in costume.

15. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

C3 did you "Bully" the little kids and keep all the peanut M&Ms for your self?:eek:

16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Naw- the little crumbsnatcher was actually a nice kid- but I did go thru the take and remove anything that looked questionable, same as with my kids.

Anyway, I had my own goodies that I got while taking him around. :D

i

17. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

Costume? no, but I was carrying while I handed out the candy in the dive way.

18. 1911Shooter

1911Shooter New Member

I did not dress up... I did carry while taking the kids trick or treating. I did not see any reason to "dress down";-)

19. cnorman18

cnorman18 New Member

This could be a concern in the future. I have a Scots Kilt outfit, and the only place the gun can go is in the sporran that hangs in front. Inside-the-belt won't work, and the kilt has no pockets, so my usual pocket carry is out. I may pick up a bellyband for that specific need.