carrying concealed. can openly show my double mag pouch on my belt?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by gaspump86, May 14, 2012.

1. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

I am a advocate of open carry. It is not legal in Florida except under certain stipulations. So im forced to carry concealed. So i want to openly carry my safariland dbl magazine pouch openly on my belt. Legal? Input anybody?

2. Longrange

Longrange New Member

I live in Florida also, and no you cannot open carry your mag pouches. Why would you want to? All you would accomplish is alerting averyone to the fact that you carry concealed, kinda defeats the purpose IMO.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

If you want to advocate open carry do it through your representatives and legal channels.
    What you are looking to do with showing you're mags will just cause problems and make you look bad.

4. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

Well i would like to OC. So openly carrying my magazine pouch would be as close as i could get to doing so without actually doing it. Can you tell me what statute says one can not. I have been researching the 790 statutes and haven't seen such a law? I have wrote letters to my political representatives. Florida has some of the most lax gun laws but 46 states have legal open carry. Why not Florida?

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I wish I could tell you man. The maze of gun laws in this country is an endless mess of insanity. I'm in ma It's definitely one of the worst. I'll do a little checking for you and see what I can find. But you're asking for trouble. After what just happened in Florida its definitely not the time to be testing the waters.
    They are actually in the process of setting up a gun law task force in Florida. Expect changes to be comming.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

It looks like having your mag showing could be considered improper exhibition of a firearm or weapon. And is at the discretion of the arresting officer. I wouldn't recommend it.

7. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

The laws are a mess. We can open carry or conceal in Indiana which is nice. We choose to conceal though to avoid headaches.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah I'm in a concealed only state. I wish we had the option for open carry but would probably still carry concealed too. There is always those random occasions where I wish I could just rip my shirt off and open carry cause its so hot out etc.

9. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I have family still in Illinois and it stinks that I can't carry there.

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I know how you feel my brother is in nc. It was really weird being the only person without a gun on them. Lol

11. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

That's why I love ky, open carry no permit. Permit for CC, not a constitutional carry, but still not shabby.

12. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

IMHO, concealed carry is a good thing. Open carry encourages the "fastest gun in the west" syndrome, or two not-so-bright home-boys trying to outdo each other over who is the "baddest". It can result in idiotic shootings, and subsequent repeal of laws we have all fought for to allow carry for personal protection. Also, if you are open carying and some gang of thugs are looking to rob a business while you are there, guess who is the first person who will be shot.
    Carrying the magazines exposed is allowing a "part" of a firearm to be seen, or "brandished". It would make you vulnerable for a big unpleasant surprise. Plus, most people would not be impressed by your apparent I.Q. if you carried that way.

13. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

Point taken

14. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

Are you saying people that open carry look bad?

15. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

Thanks for your time and input. Much appreciated.

16. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

No I'm saying people who are trying to push the envelope by showing their mags in a concealed carry state are gonna look bad. It's not gonna appear that you are an advocate for open carry and a responsible gun owner. It's gonna look like you are causing trouble.

17. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You're very welcome. I respect what your goal is. Just be careful how you go about it.

18. vincent

vincent New Member

If they're not operating within the constraints of the law, then yes...

Not sure if you've found this site yet...

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/florida.pdf

They do a good job of keeping it updated...

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  19. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Not every one.

[​IMG]

20. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Damn gun is in the way. Lol