Carry Wear & Tear pics

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Rifling82, Mar 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

No biggie. I still like looking at pretty guns too.

Wambli, towboater and Rifling82 like this.
  2. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

You’re very kind sir.

Rifling82 likes this.

3. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

Thanks. I can tell you that in the old days I used to basically eat guns up. For whatever reason my sweat is VERY corrosive to firearms and even the magnetic strips on my credit cards are only good for about 2 months (Thank God for the new chips). My first Sig P226 was down to rusted bare steel in about a month of me carrying it daily. Even SIG was puzzled at this.

BUT the new finishes are pretty much indifferent to what used to eat these guns up. My Kimbers show no wear at all and the only guns I have to be careful with are vintage blue guns like my Colt Series 70 and my old Remington Rand 1911 and neither gun sees a lot of belt time. Just about every carry gun I own today is stainless or has some high tech tough finish. That and rotating my carry guns seem to keep finish wear at bay.

4. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Several thousand rounds through it. Except at the trigger, the finish is holding quite well.. 20190929_214447.jpeg

5. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

Wow, that finish is very impressive at several thousand rounds! Very nice! How long you been carrying it?

My Glock show's instant wear the moment I start doing drills that involve taking the firearm in and out of the holster repeatedly. But its a workhorse, so whatever lol :D And I only been carrying it for maybe a little more then a year.

towboater and Rifling82 like this.
  6. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

About a year and a half now..

towboater, Rifling82 and PANDEMIC like this.
  7. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Trl-1 is just part of nightstand duty, the M&P has been on my hip everyday for over 6 years now though. Finish looks pretty good considering it’s been holstered and drawn at least 2000 times

8. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

BTW in case some members don’t know this draw practice with Kydex holsters is ROUGH on your guns and will cause massive premature wear on the finish. I do most of my draw practice with lined leather holsters because of this. The knowledge and muscle memory translates well to all others.

9. PANDEMIC

Yep, I've noticed that instantly. Just doing a few draws a couple of times with a kydex scratches and slowly wears out the finish. Imagine doing it thousands of times. But on a Glock pistol, I like the wear and tear, adds character and means I train with it. I have another small leather holster that's meant for open carry. But I like to practice with the holster that I actually carry with me this way I can get really used to it. I'm actually planning on doing some shooting today, just a little since ammo is scarce now, and I wanna do more draw drills with my dummy rounds and get alot more practice, I haven't done that in months.

10. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

Oh I wouldn't worry about it with a Glock. You can't make those any uglier!!! :D

11. PANDEMIC

Exactly lol :)

12. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

I bought my M&P strictly as a carry gun, a tool, I have other guns to keep the finish nice on :)

SRK97, towboater and Rifling82 like this.
  13. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Exactly right Austin.... I learned a long time ago not to fall in love with my carry gun

towboater likes this.