Carry on the job?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Rugers9, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Rugers9

Rugers9 New Member

How many of us carry at work or is it prohibited by your company to carry awhile on company time ?

2. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

I carry my Hi Point .45 JHP as the primary duty weapon, the 380 CF as back-up, and the Phoenix HP22 as my last chance, conceal carry.

3. caseyphx

caseyphx New Member

My owner/ boss knows I have a ccw and own firearms. He has never said I couldn't carry at work. I carry everyday.

4. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

Its against company policy to let us carry at work, they even threw no firearms in your vehicle when in the parking lot into the handbook.

5. Rugers9

Rugers9 New Member

I work at a car dealership and carry to work but leave gun in car or top drawer of my tool box.

6. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I am a teacher so I can't even bring it to work and lock it in the glove box. I can't have it on school property. Therefore if I have to run errands, I have to run home to get my gun after I leave work.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Exactly the same here. Except I'm in the sales end of the building, with a desk instead of a tool box.

8. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Same Here, even though the company handbook prohibits it, he's actually bumped mine but did not say a word. Just joined this firm last October but its never mattered where I work or what their policies are. Short of metal detectors, armed guards, and a secure perimeter, anyones rule is really more of a suggestion...right.;)

Tack

9. carbon15man

carbon15man New Member

Can't have guns they have a sign on the gate but I heard I u park at the guard house you can leave it in ur truck but it's a good lil walk

10. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I have to carry one at work.

11. opaww

opaww New Member

I am retired so I carry where ever I go.

12. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

The company I now work for prohibits weapons on the property. It's grounds for immediate termination. Typical corporate policy. :mad:

13. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

I work @ a nuclear power plant so i cant carry lol .It's a TVA plant so its goverment owned so I cant even have one in my vehicle .If caught having one in the vehicle your banned for life .Even for having just ammunition in the vehicle .Its the only time iam without my firearm .

14. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I'm retired now, but the company I worked for had a very lenient policy about weapons at one time, although concealed carry wasn't legal in Texas at the time. I never did hear the details, but apparently there was a serious altercation between employees at one of our other branches, so they adopted a no weapons policy on company property.

Being a salesman I drove a company vehicle, even on personal business, so I generally didn't carry. But, just a couple of times I had a weapon in my vehicle due to extenuating circumstances whether they liked it ot not.

15. jdex851

jdex851 New Member

How about if ur extremely proficient with throwing knives. They don't really cover that in my company policy. I have been working in close quarters in a pharmacy that has a high incidence of be robbed.

16. Rugers9

Rugers9 New Member

See I been thinking about CCW while on the job weather my company says its ok or not. I carry a boot knife, maybe I could conceal a RUGER LCP in my waist band.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012