Carry license in MA

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by chip102, Nov 30, 2011.

1. chip102

chip102 New Member

So all who are familiar with MA know that one can get a restricted FID (pepper spray only), an FID (long arms), a LTC B (low capacity pistols and ability to transport only), a LTC A (high capacity and concealed carry), and the legendary Machine Gun License (no one gets this).

I have an FID and now that I am 21 want to apply for an LTC A. I talked with my hometown PD (Woburn, MA) and they informed me they will only issue me a maximum of a LTC B for sporting. Does this not seem like a violation on my rights if they refuse me an LTC A without due cause.

2. vincent

vincent New Member

Yes, to me it does, but to the people of the "commonwealth" who year after year re-elect the same azzhats who write and pass these laws, no. According to them, you have no right to defend yourself. Get out while you can, you are waaaay outnumbered...I did.

3. chip102

chip102 New Member

The way I understand the law is that States can only pass laws as long as they do not violate Federal laws. By MA allowing a town PD to refuse a carry license is in direct violation of "right to BEAR arms" is it not. Bear=Carry, correct?

4. vincent

vincent New Member

Depends who you ask. If you ask me, yes, the 2A is all the permit I should need, bear is to carry, but my friend, you're fighting an uphill battle with the Mazzholes that run the place. Our home state is one of the most ass-backwards places to enjoy full 2A rights, (or any 2A rights for that matter) right up there with NY, CA, IL, NJ and MD. A permit for pepper spray???:eek: Outrageous, I thought it was bad when I lived there. Crimeinitaly you can buy pepper spray at the convenience stores here...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  5. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

I know this is 4 months old, but you should contact Gun Owner's Action League (goal.org). They can help persuade your PD chief to issue an LTC A.