Carry holster for m&p 45

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Kage0113, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Kage0113

Kage0113 New Member

Hey all, I just applied for my cc permit. I just need to get fingerprinted. But I need a holster for carry. What do you suggest? As the title says, I have an m&p 45. Any help is appreciated!

2. red ryder

red ryder New Member

crossbreed supertuck deluxe if you are going IWB

3. Kage0113

Kage0113 New Member

I'm looking for either IWB or OWB. Which is better/more comfortable? I suppose IWB is probably a better idea because people wont gaulk at the fact you are carrying.

4. WDB

WDB New Member

I carry mine in a Don Hume IWB holster most of the time. Great fit and wears well (been using the holster for over three years). I also have a HighNoon shoulder rig my kids bought for me last Christmas. It is a truly easy way to carry but requires a jacket to cover (a unbuttoned shirt isn't enough).

I like leather holsters, I tried a plastic pancake holster but found it uncomfrontable. As I see it a good holster is as important as the pistol you carry. If it's a pain to carry you might not carry as often as you should. A leather holster takes a little time to break in but after that it fits you well and like carrying you car keys or cell phone becomes a habbit.

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

If you have the time and can wait for a true artisan to make you a real English leather hand blocked and boned holster check out my holster maker, Andy Arratoonian of Horseshoe Leather Products in Ripon England.

[​IMG]

Covert model 28: High ride, FBI cant and C-O-M-F-O-R-T-A-B-L-E! It's worth the wait!

Holsters by Horseshoe Leather

A good carry belt is as, if not more, important then the holster!

Do Not scrimp on the belt! A good belt will make a sub-standard holster tolerable!

Visit Jim Speidel's site; Gun Belts by The Belt Man he comes well recommended.

6. Kage0113

Kage0113 New Member

I would also like input on some gun belts as well if y'all have any.

7. Kage0113

Kage0113 New Member

Just thought I'd throw in an update. Went to the local gun shop and he had some holsters in. I got a Tagua black leather holster, OWB. It's nice and comfortable. I'm sure it'll get better as I break it in.