Carry Gun

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by fapprez, Jun 24, 2012.

1. fapprez

fapprez New Member

I know I've been gone a while, but I'm trying to be more active, so here goes....

I just bought my first carry gun. Coinidentally, it is also my first "New" gun purchase. I can't pick it up until Thursday, but I'm looking forward to putting a box through it then.

"What is it?" I know, I know. It's the new S&W 637 in .38 special +p. It's the airweight and I opted for the hammer. The feller there tried to talk me into the hammerless or the bobbed hammer, but I decided that I was more familiar and comfortable with the traditional hammer.

I actually went to the gun shop to buy a steel frame Sp101 in .357 but didn't like the weight of the revolver. After looking at some Charter's and turning my nose up the Taurus, we went ove to the S&W case and I was hooked.

I guess that's about it. Just wanted to share.

2. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

WAy to go, You picked a great pocket revolver. Ok now DON'T knock the taurus 85 revolver. I carried a Taurus 85 SS for 20 years. It has a trigger pull that make good s&w's envious. Really. You learn quickly how to place the palm of your hand over the hammer while drawing it. You may want to practice with standard 38sp ammo till you think your get'n pretty good than shot enought to know what a 125gr +P feels like. These lighter pistol with only 2 finger grips can be rather interesting to hang on to.

Enjoy

3. fapprez

fapprez New Member

I've shot .38 +p, .357 and .44 special out of snubbies before. I landed a 3" group at 20' with that .44 and, I'm not sure if that is good or bad, but it would make a mess of the bad guys guts. I curious to see what I can do after a box is run through it. I'll let ya know. :D

4. fetep

fetep New Member

Awesome gun!

image-3222315548.jpg

5. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I dont see the hammer in you pic? Is it one of those flat bobbed hammers?

6. fetep

fetep New Member

It's hammerless. No snagging!

7. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

My model 37 has traveled many many miles on my hip.