Carcano 7.35

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by McX358, Oct 25, 2009.

1. McX358

McX358 New Member

Ok; I'm not insain!:eek: However I have a customer who, for what ever reason, and belive me I have done eveything I could to talk him out of it. Wants me to find a workable barrel for his model 38 carbine Carcano in 7.35. :eek:The rest of the rifle is strong and in great shape; but the corrisive primers had thier way. If anyone can help me out with this....? :)

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Have you tried the usual sources already? Maybe you can visit the online C&R dealers for a "gunsmith special" with bolt missing or something? I'd say your best bet is to get another complete rifle to use as a donor parts gun. I'll look around for a cheap 1 for you.

3. McX358

McX358 New Member

Haven't tried that yet

I haven't tried the C&R yet; but have checked all the regualr sources. Pretty well exhusted my search. I would appreicate any help, he is a returning customer. I tried everything to talk him out of it. I had another restore from the pits of hell, a few months ago; a Chiness Hyangon Rifel copy of the German Commison 88; however the barrel was in very good shape inside. Sometimes I long for something made in the 20th century. :confused: I thank you again, for anything you can do.

Regards, Mike

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Do you have a source for headspace gauge for that rifle?

5. McX358

McX358 New Member

7.35 spigettita bender

No I do not; was waitning first to find a useable barell; if need be I give clymers a ring, they made a nice one for my 7.7X58 before