Carbon 15 9mm

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by alwaysarmed, Jan 20, 2015.

1. alwaysarmed

alwaysarmed New Member

I will be bringing home one of these in a couple weeks and I have been looking for magazines for it and can't seem to find them anywhere. So I was just wondering if anyone had any insight as to where I could get some? Any help would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015

3. alwaysarmed

alwaysarmed New Member

Didn't ask for thoughts on gun but in response to bushmaster being the only place to get them, I looked on their web sight and didn't see mags for it on there?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

Well since you were set on one i figured you were unaware of their flaws. Just putting out a fyi and other better options. Thats why i also answered your question.

Try midway usa for mags or brownells.

Other than that you can try emailing bushmaster asking them which distributer they ship to.

6. alwaysarmed

alwaysarmed New Member

I have read good and bad reviews most of what I seen was good and was told that bushmaster had excellent customer service. So I figured that I had a 50/50 chance the gun would work for it intended purpose(fun gun). That and the guy at the lgs I go to cut a heck of deal. I do appreciate the input.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

I wish you luck in your magazine quest. Those places i listed are the only way i can think of finding them

8. alwaysarmed

alwaysarmed New Member

Looked on midway and they have them... I had forgotten all bout midway till you posted about it lol

Thanks for the help.

9. Point6liter

Point6liter New Member

If I am not mistaken, these accept standard colt SMG pattern mags. So colt, metalform, pro mag, modified uzi magazines will work. I'd reccomend using metalform or modified uzi mags.

10. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

You do have the AR15 to 9mm mag adaptor don't you? If not you'll need it.

11. alwaysarmed

alwaysarmed New Member

I was of the same understanding but then someone else told me that the colt pattern mags wouldn't work so that confused me... They may have been full of it because I read some where else that the mags were the same... If any one can answer this one way or the other that would be great.

12. alwaysarmed

alwaysarmed New Member

This is a bushmaster factory gun chambered in 9mm.

13. Point6liter

Point6liter New Member

After looking a little more, I keep seeing guys using the modified UZI mags, and colt pattern mags. I have a 9mm AR that I built and I have a bunch of modded uzi mags that work great. Cheap too. I think they were 10 bucks each or somewhere around there. I have some metalform mags as well. But all the carbon 15's I see online are using the **** poly promags, colt pattern metal mags, and modded uzi mags.

14. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

PSA is also in the 9mm AR business, so you might check them out for mags or parts.

They have the Colt style SMG 32rd mags for $25...and probably a lot less when on sale.

15. Point6liter

Point6liter New Member

16. Turn11

Turn11 New Member Supporter

AlwaysArmed, you said you didn't see magazines listed on Midway USA, Brownells or Bushmaster website. Try giving their customer service a call.

Just a thought.

17. alwaysarmed

alwaysarmed New Member

Midway has them... I just looked the other day and they were in stock but I've yet to actually order any lol

18. alwaysarmed

alwaysarmed New Member

See I was confused because someone had told me that the promags like the gun is shipped with was the only ones that would work...

I should have known the guy was full of crap.