carbine rifles that shoot pistol cartridges?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by mountainboy, Apr 8, 2010.

1. mountainboy

mountainboy New Member

can anyone tell me were to find a list of carbine rifles such as ruger 44mag rifles that shoot pistol cartridges .i like to idea of 2 guns one shell so to speak .realy like the ruger 44 mag carbine .or do yall sugest anything else thats simular.like the 44mag in a small frame pistol

2. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

Check Beretta CX4 Storm. Selection is just 9mm, .40 and .45 (that I know of)

3. Missileman

Missileman New Member

Marlin Model 1894 comes in many pistol cartridges, including 357 and 44 mag. I have one in .41 Mag and a Ruger Blackhawk in .41 Mag as a combo rifle/pistol. Both great firearms!

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Here ya go, Marlin Guide Gun in 45 70.

[​IMG]

And a revolver to go with it!

[​IMG]

5. Missileman

Missileman New Member

That's smart to pack a concealed carry backup pistol with your Marlin--ankle holster?? :p

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I had an early Ruger .44 carbine with the tubular magazine. I kick myself on a regular basis for having sold it. Although .44 magnum ammunition is crazy expensive right now.

I also had a Marlin 94 CS in .357 and it was a hoot.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

the key is an effective pistol cartidge when used in a carbine rifle. the only practical one i can think of is the ruger 44 carbine. you can get autoloaders or revolver style pistols to match.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

Firearms, Guns, Rifles. Grain Valley, Missouri.
    This probably isn't the kind of carbine you are looking for, but i think they are pretty interesting and Ruger has a good rep. I wouldn't mind a 10-22's big brother for a fun gun. :) I have wondered about mags for them, but a buddy found a 30 round mag for his Ruger P95, so that should be a climbable hill.

I have not used that vendor, but i have heard a few favorable reports.

9. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Lucky dog. The 1894 in .41Mag is a rare bird.

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Marlin DID make a light carbine semi in 9mm and in 45 ACP. Neither is a giant powerhouse, but the carbine DOES extend the reach of a pistol round quite a bit.

11. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I had one of each caliber back in the day. The .45 used 1911 mags and came with a Metalform mag. I still have a can full of old Metalform mags and the early ones were excellent. OEM for many companies, including Colt.

I'd buy another Camp Carbine in a second.

12. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I know alot of you hate hi point, however, their carbines are great, 40 cal version is getting a facelift right now. I owned the 9mm for a while and it was a nice little gun. Low cost and 40 cal go great with my xd40. Just have to wait till they have more

13. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I don't hate them, but have no experience with them. I've heard very good things about the carbines. But how many rounds does it take to wear one out?

14. Missileman

Missileman New Member

Yes, they did a run in the late 80s and I happened across a dealer that had a couple--already had a Ruger Bisley .41 so I grabbed. I see one every once in awhile at gun shows, but not very often--they did another run a few years ago with pistol grips--almost got another then but couldn't justify it.

15. you would probally like the kel tec sub 2000

Kel Tec

i warn you she aint pretty :D

16. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I fired alot of ammo through the nine b4 i sold it and it was flawless

17. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

That is what I keep hearing from the guys that have owned them.

18. Ruzai

Ruzai New Member

I was looking at a Marlin 1894 lever-gun in 44mag/44special. They also come in the huge 45-70 Gov't like Canebrake showed down to the 357mag/38special. The 1894 comes with a drilled and taped top so you can mount a scope of your choice and ejects the shells out of the side and have a very ergonomic feel. I've shot one of their 30-30 models and it is a wonderful piece of work. The 1894 Marlin in 44mag is going for about $600 on Gunbroker, sounds like a pretty decent deal to me. I know if I had an extra $600 or so I'd get one.

19. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I have a Marlin 1894-SS in 44 Mag and a Ruger Super Redhawk that go so well with each other :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd like to get one in 357 but have not found one I liked enough for the money asked for them. But it will be mine..mmwwaaahahahahaaaa!!