caracal

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Pikes, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Pikes

Pikes New Member

Can someone tell me anything about a caracal F. I heard its better then the glock in terms of safety features and trigger

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

From what I hear, Caracal's go bang when you pull the trigger.

Not drinking any of that other kool-ade, am I.

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Looks like someone dehorned a Glock and gave it steel mags. I'd like to see one shoot though....

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

Most things are.

Just kidding. Kind of.

I've heard they're good reliable pistols. There are some good YouTube videos on them.

5. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

And people say glocks are ugly...

Anyway here's a long review someone did. They seemed to like it. It sounds like it held its own against his g17, xd, m&p, and steyr. I'd like to try one myself.

It sounded like it had some nice features. They have those 2 dot sights on them which impersonally liked the one time I tried them on a g17. I dunno if you've used them.

here's the link http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429362

6. LeadSlanger

LeadSlanger New Member

I carry a Caracal C everyday and love it. They are definitely worth the money IMO. Very ergonomic with a great trigger. It beats Glock's triggers by a mile. As far as safety features go, they're about the same. The Caracal has more options though, like a cocked striker indicator and an ambidextrous mag release.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  7. LeadSlanger

LeadSlanger New Member

I forgot to add that in spite of the extra features, they have fewer parts than a Glock as well. The sights are better IMO too.

8. TexasInfidel

TexasInfidel New Member

Wasn't there a recall somewhat recently that was safety related? I've reAd good things but every gun mag prints good reviews of everything....

9. LeadSlanger

LeadSlanger New Member

Yes, there was a recall on a select few Caracal C's. The recall info is on their website. It was a bad batch of slides. I have absolutely no complaints about the gun. It's awesome!

10. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

It was not a few caracals It was first off ,every caracal shipped to the usa at least then another that covered many of the c models so any bought for private parties take time to contact caracal usa to be sure your was in for service.

11. LeadSlanger

LeadSlanger New Member

Wrong. Go to their website and click on the recall tab. It was certain c models with slide batch numbers between xxx and xxx. I contacted them with the numbers of my c model before they announced the batch numbers.

12. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

13. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Wrong again before the last recall every caracal was recalled for trigger issues. Or should have been. Then the last recall with the frame recall covered most of the original lot in country pistol but that coverd of the C models. When MY C went back for the recall there was not 400 of them here . Waaay less and the second recall came very soon after the new pistol started to go out again. It took them 6 months to start getting replacements back to owners . I let them buy mine back .

If your was not part of ether recall then there simply later very recent models but take time to be darn sure it not a replacement pistol.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  14. LeadSlanger

LeadSlanger New Member

Mine is a Waffen Werks marked Caracal C and the serial number starts with a C and is numbered under 500. I registered my gun with them and even called in my info when I heard about the recall and still have yet to hear from anyone at Caracal USA. I did notice that the Caracal USA website is down too. Sent them an email wondering what's up.

15. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

lead slinger Mine was a waffen works too and it was on the first recall. Ever one was. So better talk to someone.

Wow amother recall. I liked my C but glad they bought it back. I don't have a problem with finding an issues and having it fixed but nothing bugs me more than recall after recall.

16. LeadSlanger

LeadSlanger New Member

Well, you were right. I apologize for saying you were wrong. I talked to them through email and they told me that every C model is recalled now with no fix available. I called them on Wednesday and they are buying it back off of me. I think I'm going Glock this next go around. Glock 23 to be exact.