car stereo questions

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by rednekked, May 16, 2013.

1. rednekked

rednekked New Member

I recently decided to upgrade the stereo in my truck. I like my music loud when off road. I have the configuration figured out and need help with how to execute my plan.
    I want to put 6x9 speakers under my two front seats, bringing my total speaker count to 6 plus 1 12" sub under the rear seat. the sub is powered by a mono channel amp. How can I power the remaining 6 6x9 speakers with an amp? All I can find is two and four channel amps for a reasonable price. Is there a way to loop the speakers so they all receive the same power through a 4 channel, do six channel amps exist, or is there a better powering method? Should I just give up on the two extra speakers?

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

4 channel. Run small speakers off two channels, bridge two channels for sub for max amps. Make sure to use a high pass filter to kill high tones in sub.

I had a killer set up in my Toyota some ****ing ***** *****es stole the ****.

3. rednekked

rednekked New Member

High pass filter? I'm new to the whole sub and amp thing so I have no idea what some of the components are. The single amp I have for the sub runs it perfectly, so can I use a four channel for just the six speakers and if so how do I get the same power to all of them?

4. kytowboater

Where do you live?

5. kytowboater

Google dude. Google.

6. bigjim

bigjim New Member

You can't, power ratings are for one speaker on each channel, you can share the power of each channel, but you will need a bridge to balance the draw to each set of speakers, not all speakers are rated the same.

You need to go to a "audio" forum for this kind of question.

Jim

7. rednekked

rednekked New Member

I'm in komiefornia in La Habra. I'd get it done but money is tight. I had most of the components given to me by a family member, so I figured I'd give installation a whack. Apparently audio is way more difficult than KC lights and a CB. Audio forum would definitely be best but since I'm a member I figured I'd ask and see if it helped. Now I just have more questions. More research in my future. Thanks fellas.