car carry

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by phildenton, Jul 9, 2012.

1. phildenton

phildenton New Member

I wanted to mount a holster in my vehicle, but everything I found online was either too expensive and/or didn’t look right to me. So being improvisational, I took all the holsters for my 4" Ruger Police Service Six, and went to my vehicle (along with my unloaded revolver), and began trying to figure out where I wanted the gun. One of the holsters is a cheap right-hand Uncle Mikes IWB #2, and I noticed, that roughly one of the places I thought would be good, there was a simple solution, it’s a dodge caravan, (beggars can’t be choosers when the vehicle is given to you) and so I went and grabbed my xacto knife and went to work, (after making certain that the gun didn’t interfere with the seat belt) and this is what I came up with: cut a little bit of plastic to give a place for the clip of the holster to secure said holster. I also had to order a left hand version of it to be perfect for right hand use. If I ever get rid of the vehicle I simply take the holster out and the small hole is less than obvious. Hope this helps someone!

ForumRunner_20120709_110220.jpg

that is the piece of plastic on the driver seat, near the seat belt receptacle.

ForumRunner_20120709_110205.jpg

sorry the pictures are sideways, i made this thread with my phone, lol

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I simply have mine in a cigar box right next to me on the passenger seat.

3. PHILatDCMFirearmsSC

PHILatDCMFirearmsSC New Member

i simply carry mine in my holster on my person... since its illegal in my state to carry like that

4. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I do something very similar in my 01 dakota. My blackhawk serpa holster hangs on the map pocket on my drivers side door just like it hangs on my belt. If im in the truck for awhile i hang it there and this is where it stays when im at work. Yes it can be easily seen from outside the truck but while at work i dont worry about it because my company doesnt care and i park next to the shop where our mechanics are working all day. Plus our shop is pretty well hidden.

This method doesnt work in my 04 F150 though because of the shape of the map pocket, so the gun and holster just go in the pocket.

5. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

I just keep mine in the center console not holstered easy enough to get to right there

6. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

I keep a truck gun in the center console as well but this is cool, I like it.

7. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Good idea, I made a Kydex holster and mounted it to the console with quick screws, with some planning you can make a holster for every gun you want to carry and just swap them out as needed, two screws and done.

8. clearsights

clearsights New Member

9. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

The best thing ive found that is easy without drilling holes in your dash or console is to slip the unholstered pistol between the seats, if your vehicle has split seats like my 04 F150.

10. phildenton

phildenton New Member

I looked at that one before, didnt really care for it. There were Several others, 1 i liked attached a mount by screw to whatever.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Almost but mine is under the console - Just slip my hand under & its there- Still hidden so legal in Texas-

12. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

neat idea, but i can tell i would be banging my knees on it everytime i got in and out of my truck!

13. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Definatley not legal here :(

14. Mandy

Mandy New Member

I got cheap nylon uncle mikes (works with all my carry guns) ziptied to the seat position lever in front of the seat, arms reach easy access, and can't be seen even if someone is looking inside the vehicle.

I use it for long rides, otherwise the gun is in my hip

15. phildenton

phildenton New Member

i had considered using zipties to secure a holster to the bar/rod under the driver seat, would be secured AND out of site. but not as easily reached, i only use the seat holster for long drives as well, short drives it stays on my hip.