Car Accident

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by notdku, May 5, 2007.

1. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

There was a single car accident outside my house last night. After hitting a tree then my neighbors mailbox the car engine compartment set fire. We put it out once but it reset. We couldn't get the door open to get the driver out. Fire and Police got there fast and got it under control.

Attached Files:

2. BrassMonkey

BrassMonkey New Member Supporter

That reminds me of an incident that occured at my first apartment years ago when I first moved out on my own. I lived in a building on the side of a curvy highway in a remote area. The first snow of the year was falling and I was watching T.V when I heard a loud crash outside. I looked out the window and saw a pickup on its roof in our parking lot. I slipped on my shoes, grabbed a flashlight and ran out to the vehicle.

What I saw when I looked inside is to this day one of the most horrible things I have ever seen. The vehicle had lost control going around a curve, ran off the highway, and hit the ditch. When it hit the ditch it had flipped, landed on its roof, and slid forward taking out our mail boxes, and stopped after hitting a tree.

Without going into gory detail I will just say that a quick glance inside told me there was nothing that could be done for the driver. When the police, and fire dept showed up they had to cut up the truck to retrive the body inside. I found out a few days later that the woman driving had a B.A.C over twice the legal limit. The moral of the story is that alcohol, high speed, and snowy winding roads don't mix.

3. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

When I was 16 I got into a bad car accident. I hit gravel going too fast, the tires locked up, we went into a ditch and started barrel rolling into a field. Seatbelts saved our lives.

4. Splatter

Splatter New Member

Ja, motor vehicle crashes can be pretty bad (most aren't really accidents, they are usually the predictable result of willful circumstances).
    My wife and I are members of the Falkland-Westwold Rescue Society, and we do the 'jaws-of-life' thing (our local volunteer fire department only responds to fires), and we've been to some nasty ones.

5. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

So was the driver okay?

6. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Mosin: you couldn't wait until May to make it exactly ten years??

7. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

He was just waiting long enough to be sure.

8. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I'm still curious...

9. Dakota1

Dakota1 Active Member

When drunk drivers are killed, they make driving safer for the rest of us. They are criminals who have no conscience & are willing to put the lives of others in danger. So, there is absolutely NO reason to feel bad when they are killed....better them than us. I'm sure Princess Dianna would agree.
    The same goes for street racers & other assorted scum.

10. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Whoa whoa whoa.... People make mistakes and do stupid things....

Let's reserve the word 'scum' for the lowest of the low amongst us, like the media.

11. Dakota1

Dakota1 Active Member

Your flawed "logic" is the reason we have so much mayhem on our streets. Our pathetic justice system allows defense attorneys to categorize drunk driving as a "mistake" & call drunk driving an "illness" like cancer or arthritis to make it seem like it's not their clients' fault. Drunk driving & street racing are not mistakes. They are crimes. They are conscious decisions to put others' lives in danger. I have witnessed the results of both. People who drive drunk (or street race) are potential murderers. And they ARE scum. As I said, Princess Dianna and Ted Kennedy's teen-age mistress would agree....if they were still here.

12. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

wishing someone dead, or having no feelings when someone dies is pretty hateful and cold-hearted.

and just who are you to decide who deserves to live or die? are you God?

by some of your other posts on threads, i thought you just were biased against those in LE, but i now see you have a very hateful streak running through you. i also suspect you may have some deep-seated anger issues that you might want to seek some sort of counseling from a professional mental health physician.

there is great concern for me that you may even be in possession of guns with such issues, as you may be a great danger to other people or even yourself.

you need to get some help before you go off the deep end.

13. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Way to take a joke, turn it into the most serious discussion ever, then blame my 'logic' for all of societies ills.

Don't read 'A Modest Proposal', you might stroke out and die on the spot. :rolleyes:

14. Dakota1

Dakota1 Active Member

You are correct; I have no sympathy for murderers. Why do you?

And I already saw the mental health therapist you're seeing but after realizing he hasn't help you, I stopped seeing him.

15. Dallas53

not so much sympathy, but knowing that people can make mistakes and redeem themselves through their future actions and deeds.

but you seem to willing to lump all people who make mistakes into one group. judging others also requires using some measure of mercy and compassion. just because someone makes a mistake in their life, doesn't necessarily make them a bad person, just some who made a mistake.

but i have to assume you have never made any mistakes in your lifetime. must be great to be perfect and better than the rest of us mere mortals. :rolleyes:

16. Dakota1

Dakota1 Active Member

Nope, I'm not perfect. But I don't drive drunk, race on public streets, handle guns recklessly or do anything that endangers the lives of others.

Suggestion: Learn the difference between a mistake and a crime. (you still don't know).

17. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

You actually MAKE me want to get drunk and race down the highway, while firing my gun at pictures of Princess Diana.

18. Dallas53

careful there. Mr. Dakota would probably want a public beheading!