Capt. "Kiss My Duck" is back...

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by ACES 6, Feb 4, 2010.

1. ACES 6

ACES 6 New Member

Hey, Gents. Been a long time. When I returned home from Iraq a few months ago I quickly found myself prepping for a training mission to lovely Nigeria where I am currently working.

Hardly any access to a computer - but, I have missed all of you completely.

My question: I have a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 with a nice 10.5" barrell back home. This favorite of mine deserves a set of grips to highlight its beauty. Now, being in Africa at the present, I have access to artisans and exotic materials by and from which I could have a gorgeous set of grips made. The question is, are there any blueprints, specs, guides, etc., that I could give to one of these talented young craftsmen? I didn't bring the originals, so some specs would be great.

Any ideas? And, for that matter, anyone need a specific souvenir while I'm here?

Chris

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Wow, Iraq then Nigeria - the Army likes you!

Perhaps one of our folks has said Ruger and can send you a set of grips? I don't but...

3. ACES 6

ACES 6 New Member

Great idea, but I think I'll be home in a few weeks. Not enough time for mail to run. Thanks for the thought, though! And, yeah, my country utilizes me "well" I suppose... ;)

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Do you have access to purple heart wood? That would be awesome!

5. ACES 6

ACES 6 New Member

You wouldn't believe... ;) By the way, it's like O-Dark-Thirty in the morning at home, no? Why are you all awake??? Glad you are, regardless.

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Us Army civilians are a dedicated bunch. I'll be getting ready for work shortly as the 3rd ID can't function without me...

7. ACES 6

ACES 6 New Member

Rock of the Marne...

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Roger that! And a "Strike Lightning" for my son's unit...

9. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

You could also just have some blanks made, and have them turned into grips when you get back Stateside. Thanks for your service.

10. MB44

MB44 New Member

+1 on that one. Get the material locally, but get a professional to do the work

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Bingo! Just bring back some material and have them made at home.

...and thanks for your dedication and service.

12. ACES 6

ACES 6 New Member

See????

This is why I ask! Thanks for the awesome advice, Guys! Hooah! By the way, here's a pic of me and my friend Glen, a retired Army LG Officer who is a great asset here on the UN ACOTA Training Team.

Cheers from lovely Nigeria!

Chris

Attached Files:

• 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      89.9 KB
      Views:
  13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Send a PM to Sarge43.

Maybe if you can get him some extra blanks he can make you something for your Ruger.

Sarge43

Or try his site:

Sarge's Grips Home Page

Sarge would be my go-to guy!

14. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I can't help ya, but I wanted to say it is good to hear from you. I was asking Jerry about you a couple of weeks ago, and he said he had not heard much for a while. Little did we know that you've been off trapsing around the world. :)

Keep us updated on the grips. :)

15. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Hey, while your over there, this guy has 10 million dollars for me if you could go by and get it I will let you have a share.

16. ACES 6

ACES 6 New Member

Isn't the Nigerian money scam just AWESOME? ;)

17. ACES 6

ACES 6 New Member

Skull - always an adventure with me, I suppose. I just can't seem to stay at home for long. Go figure...

I'll let you all see the grips when I get them carved out. I bought some wonderful "white-colored" natural material that is sure to piss a few liberals off when they see the finished product. ;)

18. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

There you go. Find some nice wood and have someone at home make them. I know it's not the same as having "made in Nigeria", but it might be the best you can do right now.

19. N.D.

N.D. New Member

I agree it's gorgeous wood, I even liked it enough to use it for handles on some of my knives I Custom made back in the day! ;)

But I think that Africa just might have some thing, a bit more rare and eye catching to offer for grips.

N.D.