Cant wait for deer season.

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by alwaysarmed, Sep 8, 2013.

1. alwaysarmed

alwaysarmed New Member

I'm ready for cold frosty mornings in the woods and the smell of Doe estrus lol

What about every one else.

And another one of these would be nice.

Attached Files:

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Always,

I had a 8pt. Piebald that was born on my property here in Tennessee Had pictures of him and his mother from right after he was born and when he grew up. Here was his second year rack. He was shot about 6 miles from my home year before last. Chasing women will get the best in trouble!:p The same doe threw anotherone last spring. I do not know what it is yet?

Attached Files:

3. alwaysarmed

alwaysarmed New Member

Yea I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him. There was only about 15 seconds from when I realized what he was till I dropped the hammer on him.

You would not believe the number of people who told me I should have let home got to grow and mature.

4. powg

powg New Member

ready for deer season

it has been so hot and dry here in east tx .....Im ready to have'' forgotten ''my jacket and rubber boots and freeze my butt off in the stand with wet feet !

5. DaughterofAres

DaughterofAres New Member

TEASER!!! these guys frequent the back yard... too bad we can't...you know...

Attached Files:

6. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Today and tomorrow here in Michigan is a 2 day antlerless hunt, at dusk tonight I had not seen any does all day, then all the sudden this monster buck(only 6pt but about a 200 lb body) appears in my front shooting lane down the hill 40 yards away, then he appears in my side shooting land 30 yards away and stands still for 30 seconds. I watched him for 20 minutes and decided i'm done, got out of the blind quietly and crept over to the edge of the hill, got within 50 feet of him and watched him for another 20 minutes, then I decided to creep away because night fall was coming, he never knew I was there the whole time, can't believe guys like this never show up in the regular season, they only show up when you can't shoot them.

7. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Gun season here doesn't open until october 14. Right now archery season is open. I am just feeding the deer in the areas I hunt, except where bowhunters are active. If the bowhunters want to feed the deer the feed mill is open. Most just put out a salt block a mile away from water and complain deer don't come to it. Duh!

8. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Archery season starts this coming Saturday around here. I just tuned up the crossbow today,but it'll be next Tuesday before I'll get to hunt.
    We have an excellent deer herd this year,with several quality older bucks,and some really great younger bucks that hopefully will stay on our ranch and not wander to the neighboring ranches and get shot this year. They need a couple more years to reach their full potential,and we even have a buck that escaped from either a deer farm or high fenced ranch somewhere.It has tags in both of it's ears,and the game warden told me they hadn't tagged any deer in the area in 5-6 years.