Cannot believe it

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Davyboy, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Check out my posting. The blessings of old age. Just got news my son is being considered for funding for olympic trap for 2012.Been walking about all telling people he,s only just 15. Not been this emotional since my father died. Sorry guys. Been buzzin all day.

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Saaweet! I'm gonna hoist a pint in the hopes that he makes it. Of course this means that you are gonna have to stick around to let us know for sure. That way, we can root for him (unless he is up against one of our Yanks that is). :D

Seriously, congrats Davy. I wish him straight shooting and good flying pigeons. Tell him that the Skullcrusher household wishes him the best. :)

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

WOW! Congratulation to you both! That's impressive and quite awesome!! :cool:

4. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Congratulations, Davy! That's excellent news. I hope he gets it.

5. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

6. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Thanks

Thanks guys good thing I dont mind him whooping my *** anymore

7. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Davy a/k/a Proud Papa,

Did/Do you shoot competitively?

Just wondering where he got the skill and talent? :p

8. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Yes

Hi Skull,

Did do at county level but not for thirty years developed diabetes and my eyes went for a sh*t.

9. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Ahh. Ok, sorry to hear.

I imagine there are some serious trap and skeet shooters all around G.B. It is a classic and a gentleman's sport with a long history.

Disclaimer: When I say "Gentleman's sport" I mean in the way competitors respect each other in true sportmanship. I know that women have proven to be very good at the same sport.

10. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Congratulations to you & your son, Davy! That's awesome...and at such a young age too. Hope he makes it in! You have every reason to do a bit of well-deserved boasting :D

11. Car54

Car54 New Member

Way to go Davyboy. Give your son a pat on the back and a "way to go" for us. I'm guessing that's him in your avatar pic?

12. gadrooning

gadrooning New Member

Nice, very nice. Congradulations that is AWSOME!!!!!

13. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Shooting

To be honest Skull we are lucky we have access to farmland to shoot but for a lot of folks the clay range is the only game in town

14. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Having access to private land must really help him with practice; at my local range we can only shoot clays for 3 hours once a month.

And thankfully the UK Govt hasn't touched shotguns...unlike the much maligned competitive pistol shooter :rolleyes:

15. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Yes

Car54 THATS MY BOY

16. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Congratulations to you, and your boy Davy. That is indeed something to be very proud of. Job well done and a big satisfaction on your dedicated mentoring. :D

Jack

17. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Thanks to all

WOW still cant believe it.Having said that it is a chance not a certaincy. Off to bed guys check the time zones. Goodnight.

18. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations to young son. Just being considered is an honor and not lightly given. :)

19. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Congratulations to you and your son! Go for Gold!!

20. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Woot!!
    Congrats, best of luck to "little"Davy.:D
    News like thats gotta make you proud.