Canas Magnum 9mm

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Bandit5, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Bandit5

Bandit5 New Member

Gentlemen, I am new here and came to discuss a specific topic. I have recently come across a Canas Magnum 9mm. It is in very poor condition, probably never going to work again. It looks like a Beretta 92 on the outside with a cheap finish, but the barrel is solidly attached to the frame. Does anyone know anything about this gun? I am looking for simple assembly/disassembly instruction. Thanks.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

3. Bandit5

Bandit5 New Member

Thanks. Good information. I was just told by someone that the gun was made for hunting birds (the blanks make them fly away?) and some people convert them to fire real bullets. Either way, this one one is broken and won't fire a damn thing. Thanks for your help.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Converting a blank pistol to fire real ammo will likely get you a few years in the pokey if you survive the test firing. The pressures of modern ammo will probably blow that cast metal curio up in your face

5. Bandit5

Bandit5 New Member

One could only hope. It is not my gun and I am in the middle east. Not my fault if some idiot kills himself with a broken modified blank pistol.