Canadians : Help me w/ getting my glock, please

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Tailypoe, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Tailypoe

Tailypoe New Member

I'm a Canadian national, trying to buy a glock 30. The major hurdle here is that the glock 30 needs a longer barrel from a company such as lone wolf to be Canada legal. I called rockyourglock.com and they told me that my best options were to have someone else assemble it with the new barrel and send it to me, or to pick it up in the u.s. ... Do you have any idea how I can get my glock ? .... I've only ever gotten non-restricted guns before.
    It's not prohibited once you install the new barrel, because concealed handguns are so evil when you could just open carry, oh wait, no, no open carry up here.
    :cool:

2. Tailypoe

Tailypoe New Member

A lot of companies will not send anything across the border to canada.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Tailypoe- there is a reason for that.

Exporting firearms from the US requires a permit from the bloody State Dept. Moderately expensive, and a bit of a PITA.

Your best, albeit an expensive bet, would be to find a US Exporter that would make the modifications to the Glock-o-your-dreams, and then export it to you. Sorry, bro, we have our own goverment headaches here.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Any such maneuvering other than through official channels will be a criminal offense on BOTH sides of the border. We certainly do not advocate illegal behavior here and I am sure you were speaking in terms of doing so legally, right?

5. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

Tailypoe your going to get about 7 thousand cops here licking there chops and having a competition on who can call the Feds first.
    I'm 100% sure Rock your Glock is real happy with the free advertising to.

Attached Files:

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Really? I seriously doubt 7 thousand cops even know about this site. And they call me jaded.

7. Tailypoe

Tailypoe New Member

Canebrake,
    How easy is it to buy it from an FFL in the u.s. ?

8. Tailypoe

Tailypoe New Member

Im pretty sure If I was going to commit a firearms offense, I wouldn't tell you guys first.

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Tailypoe, this is C3, not Canebrake- but to give you an answer- not very hard- it DOES vary a bit depending on what State you are in.

In general, you will need two IDs with your address. To buy a handgun, you and the dealer must reside in the same state. Rifle or shotgun, no matter.

If not a US citizen, you must show legal presence (my lady is a Brit, has a green card- permanent resident of US) OR that you meet one of the named exemptions (have a US state hunting license, on vacation, want to buy a shotgun).

You fill out a questionnaire- known as Form 4473. It asks about conditions that disqualify you from buying a gun (age, convicted of certain crimes, mental incompetence, under criminal indictment or fugitive, etc) and also asks if you are the actual buyer of the gun.

Dealer runs a computer check either with the State Police or the Feds (it is different in different states) Takes 5 minutes or so WHEN computers are behaving. In most states, pay the man, take your gun, leave. In some, you have a waiting period before picking it up.

There are some states that require a Firearm Owner's ID Card, some require a permit to purchase a handgun- most do not.

I understand you were asking about how to LEGALLY get a Glock imported into Canada that will meet Canadian law- and there is the rub. In order for a dealer or anyone else to ship a gun to Canada for transfer to someone else, we need an export permit. And since you would not be a resident of the US state where you would acquire it, you can't do it yourself.

A friend just spent $600 to export a .303 SMLE to Australia (where it was made) as a donation to a military museum. It ain't easy.

There ARE companies here that specialize in import/export of firearms, an have the permits to do so legally. Otherwise, gun will get snagged in US Customs, and never make it to Canada. I can dig out name and address is you need, but getting ready to go on the road for a week, so will be a while.

PS- Used to be in a unit partnered with Princess Pat's boys- really good soldiers. If my ramble above did not get you the info you needed, please speak up. Best regards- C3

10. Tailypoe

Tailypoe New Member

ry museum. It ain't easy.

There ARE companies here that specialize in import/export of firearms, an have the permits to do so legally. Otherwise, gun will get snagged in US Customs, and never make it to Canada. I can dig out name and address is you need, but getting ready to go on the road for a week, so will be a while.

PS- Used to be in a unit partnered with Princess Pat's boys- really good soldiers. If my ramble above did not get you the info you needed, please speak up. Best regards- C3[/QUOTE]

I'd like that a lot. Thanks c3, I thought cane was being oddly nice.
    It's not going to be an issue for another 3 or so months, but It's good to know.

11. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

You can't. (I'm an FFL...)

I can sell handguns to residents of the State of Texas. Otherwise, I have to transfer it to another dealer for an out-of-state sale.

If you were to purchase the firearm from me, I would have to ship it to a dealer where you reside (if you were in the U.S.), and the responsibility is on me to make sure you can legally own it where you live.

For example, *I* commit an offense if I ship a firearm to California that is not "California Legal."

If the gun isn't legal where you live, then consider it off limits and find something else. I know it's not the answer you WANT, but it's the answer you need. Believe me, I'd love to have a Mark III with an integrated suppressor... and although I *CAN* actually get one, the legal headaches it involves aren't worth it.

12. Tailypoe

Tailypoe New Member

" If the gun isn't legal where you live, then consider it off limits and find something else. I know it's not the answer you WANT, but it's the answer you need. Believe me, I'd love to have a Mark III with an integrated suppressor... and although I *CAN* actually get one, the legal headaches it involves aren't worth it. "

It's legal with the longer lone wolf barrel.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011