Can u help???

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Gunz05G, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Gunz05G

Gunz05G New Member

Hello marksmen. I just got my concealed weapons permit and I'm lookin into buyin a glock. I'm not really sure of what kind of glock to buy. N E suggestions? Are 4th Gen glocks really a pain in the a**?

2. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Glock 19 gen 4 is a great gun.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

3. RedLegX

RedLegX New Member

My two fav glock to conceal are my 19 gen4 and my 27 gen3. never have a problem with ether one. The only difference is my 19 is a lot more enjoyable to shoot at the range so I find myself choosing it to carry more often b/c of all the trigger time. I highly recommend the 19 for your first choice.

4. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Depends on what you want. Start with a desired caliber then go from there. My suggestion is:

9mm: G19 or G26

.40: G23 or G27

.45acp: G30, G21, or even G38

Those are the three calibers that i am familiar with. All these are carry friendly except maybe the G21.

5. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Used to be but not any more. It was most generally with the .40 everything is good to go as far as I know. I own a g17, love it

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

To the OP:

Have you shot the Glock? Or were to advised the Glock was the best choice?

Don't get wrong. The Glock is highly reliable, but also has ergonomics that are NOT for everyone.

If you are sold on Glock from experience, I would suggest the 30 as it's a .45 and what everyone should be carrying. ;)

JD

7. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Ive had my G31 .357sig for quite a while now, its always served me well

8. G30USMC

G30USMC Active Member Supporter

Glock 26 Gen 4...... Great weapon !!!!

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Great advice, handle lots of guns before choosing. Consider caliber very carefully. 45ACP, 40S&W and 9mm are the most popular calibers and I have guns in each one. For the Glock I went with the 40S&W 23Gen4 and have been pleased with the gun and caliber. A great compromise in power, size and capacity.

10. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

Get a Glock 19 for your first. You will never get tired of it and its by far the most versatile and balanced weapon they make. Buy different models from there based on your needs

11. kdwolf

kdwolf New Member

Agreed 110% I just bought a glock 19 (my first gun) a week ago. It is amazing. I love it. I also got a cheap holster and it is now my carry weapon. Great great gun you can't go wrong.

12. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Wait! I said WAIT!!! You got a cheap holster!? A gun only carries as good as the holster its in. If its your carry gear, spend some money on a good holster. Do your gun the favor.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

13. kdwolf

kdwolf New Member

Lol I mean cheap as in price for my budget not quality, I tried it out before I bought it, it has done GREAT so far very sturdy and tight :)

14. nightstalkersDQ

nightstalkersDQ New Member

I carry a G30 in .45 and i love it, however you should pick your first glock by A) what caliber you are most comfortable with, and B) of that caliber, which model fits best in your hand.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  15. Gunz05G

Gunz05G New Member

thanks for everyones help I'm probably going for the glock 19. gen 3 or gen 4?

16. Gunz05G

Gunz05G New Member

o by the way how much should I pay for a used glock 19 or a new glock 19

17. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

I got my new G23 for $519. All Glocks cost the same regardless of caliber. Most used Glocks i saw for $350 or so. Unless you want a gen 4, they cost like $40-50 bucks more.

18. Gunz05G

Gunz05G New Member

yeah because I saw new glocks gen 3 for $600 and used for like $500 at a pawn shop and thought they were pricey. I guess I have to do more searching.

19. kdwolf

kdwolf New Member

I have gen 3, my buddy has gen 4, he said he likes gen 3 better, but I haven't shot the 4

20. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

If you are in an area where the dealers are gouging you, shop at GunBroker.com or GunsAmerica.com and have a local FFL dealer accept shipment for you. Most charge no more than $40 for this and, in your case, it sounds like it would be cheaper overall.