Can someone identify...?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Rossignol, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Rossignol

Rossignol New Member

I saw this in a post on another forum dating back a couple years ago. I'm curious to know in particular, if the stock and forend, the sling rig on the forend, the choke tube/recoil compensator thingy, and the tube extension can be identified. I believe the rail over the reciever is part of the stock. I've tried contacting the poster, but with no luck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

brad.

2. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

That is an 870 with a compensator remchoke. Looks like a Mesa Tactical hi tube stock adapter with a short rail with a Trijicon sight. A surefire railed forend with ladder style covers, Choate mag extension(looks like about 5 round) and a Ace skeleton stock (Looks like the short one about 7"). The mag clamp is a common design, don't know what brand but several companies make them like that with the sling mount.

http://www.mesatactical.com/index.php?id=55
    Choate Machine
    TacStar Mag clamp
    http://www.surefire.com/870-Shotgun-Forend
    Trijicon Sight

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010

3. Rossignol

Rossignol New Member

It does help, thank you!

Finding the parts I like will help me determine if I'm going to get a new 590 or 930, and what I'm going to do with my 500! ;)

4. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

The only difference that I know of between the 500 and the 590 is the magazine tube and cap and the forearm is an inch longer on the 590. I converted my 500 to a 590 by putting a 590 mag tube and cap on it. Then I was able to buy mag extensions for the 835/590 and all the barrels. Mine has an 18.5" heavy barrel with a surefire forend.

My .02 is if you want a 590 and you have a 500, don't buy a 590 when you can convert the 500 to a 590. The mag tube just threads in.

5. Rossignol

Rossignol New Member

Thanks for the advice, and for the help. I've been able to track down everything I'm looking for! But may be going another route with my next shotgun...

Thanks!

brad.