Can someone help me id this ww2 stock?.?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by allPhaser, Oct 27, 2012.

1. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Probably not a WWII stock since it is an SKS stock. Numbering placement looks consistent with Chinese Norinco and Ploytech guns. Also being a hardwood instead of laminate makes me think Chinese instead of Russian. Any other markings?

It's definitely not a shotgun stock though. You might get more help on this in the Curio and relic section than in the shotgun section.

2. allPhaser

allPhaser New Member

I Thank You for the information. No, No other obvious markings from what I can tell...if there were any other markings where should I look.
    Dan

3. SSGN_Doc

The Russians put Arsenal marks on the right side of the stock some times. If it was a stock from re-arsenaling, then it would have a square on the right with a diagonal line through it.

The Chinese didn't use those marks.

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

well it's long, has some curves to it, an indentation along the forend ... looks to be made of wood

aside from that I got nothing :D

5. allPhaser

allPhaser New Member

Would this be worth listing on eBay? I mean even $20 would work.?

6. SSGN_Doc

Sure. It looks like its in good shape. Lots of folks bought SKS rifles with crummy stocks or bought them and put plastic stocks on them. Then collectors may buy them and want to put a traditional stock back on. They normally have an upper hand-guard piece as well, which it appears that one does not have. List it for $15 plus shipping and I bet you'd get higher bid offers than that.

7. allPhaser

allPhaser New Member

Thanks Dog!