Can someone create a forum "dictionary"?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by mountainskytop, Dec 3, 2012.

1. mountainskytop

mountainskytop New Member

Since I joined these forums I have to admit trying to learn all the acronyms and abbreviations have been like trying to learn another language!
    I am able to decipher a lot but the rest leave me in the dark.it would be great help to me and others ti have this dictionary. Sorry to be so dumb! Lol

2. mountainskytop

Thanks a LOT! I never realized there were so damn MANY! Lol

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I didn't, either. I would like to try to put together a whole conversation just using acronyms. :D

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, keep it on the QT, because if the VC get the VP, we'll all be on KP!

5. lastrebel70

lastrebel70 New Member

I believe the actual quote is: "We should keep the PC with the VP on the QT, or else the VC will find out and he will end up MIA and we will all be on KP."

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

That's it! (Good Morning, Vietnam!)

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

By the way, Mountainskytop, I put that little acronym dictionary together myself. ;)

8. mountainskytop

Thanks for that great dictionary. Now I have a brand new language to learn. Lol

9. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Attached Files:

10. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Dont Forget HMFIC (NOTDKU)!

11. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I wonder what DKU is.

12. WebleyFosbery38

IDK, good question, cant imagine the acronym expounded for DKU! Wondered that myself but even if we find out, weve only determined what the antithesis of our grand Pu-bah is, after all- He's NOT-DKU!

Love the New LBV, sure is a change from the old LBE of the old Army but gotta be a roaster when worn over a Flack Vest! Glad Im too old to find out!

13. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

They really are not bad. They are very breathable.

14. WebleyFosbery38

We did field the first version of LBV and they were horribly hot, fell apart and generally sucked. Luckily, as a TOW Platoon Sergeant, My HMMV was My LBV (Load Bearing Vehicle), I retired 5 months after. Talk about a dictionary, The US Military runs on Acronyms! Our Training Meetings and OP orders sounded like a childrens rhyme! ABCD Goldfish, LMNO Golfish, OSAR! So many Acronyms, my RAM was full and my hard drives skipping and slow, time to call that quits!

"PS's, Remind your SL's that the PMCS's on the TOWS Must be done PDQ with the Proper TM's on a DA2404, our DL reports have been DOA with 03's at the DMMC, The CG is Going to have my 4th point of contact if you dont get the MP A#1 ASAP, any questions?"...

My Civilian career has been 100% Technical Electronics so I have a whole other Dictionary to translate. Is that HDCP complaint, only 1080P when you run it on HDMI, VGA is only 720I at best, better check the handshake! Oh, its not UTP, better check the node for the IP table for DHCP not fixed...

WTF, OMG, IDK and IDC. My Dad was an English Teacher and he couldn't imagine a day when his son would speak 3 languages that he couldn't understand, all of them spoken in English!

15. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

What?.......... Lol

Attached Files:

16. WebleyFosbery38

Then there is the liberal dictionary that Im supposed to use and understand where I work. Almost no acronyms except their long list of titles, chairs and degrees. Actually, they speak long and listen short! After 18 years, I still dont speak Liberaleaze very well and they dont understand simple common English! If you say something like, "It cant be done", they go directly into a spiral. Fun to watch but the joy is shortlived, educated ass-chewings are usually soon to follow!

Now on the other hand, they can say something to me like, "Your Militaristic" and Im not supposed to ask them WTF they mean! I guess its all according to what the definition of "is", is,,,