Can nonmembers view your Gallery?

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by theferg2000, Nov 17, 2010.

1. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

Is there a way to change a setting so that nonmembers could see your gallery? I know they can view the posts, but i logged out, and tried to open my gallery, and could not, so i guess they can not, and can not find any setting to make it open to nonmembers.

Thanks.

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Spidey sense says you are posting your guns for sale on other sites and you are linking your pics of them here to those sites? Possibly the other sites don't allow gun sales or pics?

No biggie, if I had the extra cash, I would buy many of the ones you are offing for sacrifice.

I do not believe that non-members can view profiles or galleries. Why not post pics in the open section of some of your beauties? Not a link to your gallery, but through the "manage attachments" option. If your pics are too large then open them with paint and resize pixels to somewhere around 700 or so. Just a thought. :cool:

3. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Two words...

Photo Bucket. :cool:

4. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

I haven't posted them on any other sites, just this one, and i have one gun on gunbroker (the sidewinder). I had a friend that wanted to see some of the pics(not wanting to buy, just wanted to see them - he is thinking about getting into gun ownership), and i thought i would let him see them via that gallery. It is the only place i have pics up.

But i can imagine your spidey senses are right a lot of times as to why people join this forum (not to mention most of my questions being about selling guns - but i just want to get rid of any that i cant lock in a safe right now asap.). My biggest reason for joining is to learn, and put to rest many of my ignorance's and indecision's concerning being a wise gun owner. I have gotten a lot of heat from my dad about my guns, and he fired a bunch of info about kids in the home being killed or injured with guns (even though growing up, he kept his rifles loaded and unlocked - at ten i was taking it out on my own to go shoot muskrats that were digging under a driveway by a pond). BUT i think i am doing it in a way that it will not ever be an issue (commitment to keeping them all locked, and unloaded - except for home protection and those are locked - and just learning all i can about safety).

This is my first and only forum i belong to, so even though i was in the internet business for ten years, i am some what ignorant to features and workings of them. So i am not sure exactly where the open area is. Are you talking about just start a thread and add in pictures there as an attachment? Just curious. I am not too concerned with getting an outside link, as my friend is coming over tomorrow night and we are going to "talk guns". I am trying to get him to sign up here, as i have told him you guys would be great for helping him learn what he needs to.

Thanks for the reply skull, i appreciate it.

5. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

One other off topic skull, is there anyway that people (bad people) can get a list of all the guns you have purchased? I bought most of my guns through dealers, and guns shows, where they run checks, and get all your info, and i have had a concern about someone being able to find a good shopping list of people to visit. I would imagine it is out there, but protected pretty well. Thanks again.

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

If you are asking if the average Joe/Jane can access a list of guns you have purchased since the background checks and serialing of firearms then no. Some states have registration laws, but I don't know if that is public knowledge or not like the concealed carry license is.

There is no federal recording of guns purchased *cough* or at least there is no public access to that stuff federally.

Posting pics of them is a way to have people know what you got. You are never anonymous on the interwebz.

All of my firearms were lost during the boating accident anyway, so I don't have those worries.:)

7. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

The pics was what got me thinking a little more about the subject, of the list. Me thinks a trip back to the hidden room, and safes at the old house may be a good idea until they are all sold. Then after that maybe a fishing trip in an old boat. I loved our old house. Even the address for our house is off by miles (if you try to map it or even on the GPS stuff, it is way off). It was no fun trying to order pizza since they dont offer the 30 minutes or it is free anymore. But you talk about a house that doesn't exist! It even has a shared driveway, and the neighbors address is correctly in sequence, and cant be seen from the road, so it appears that our house is their address(as the mailboxes are right together with their box covering our number).

Thanks for the info, it has been worrying me a bit.