Can i open carry?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by carbon15man, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carbon15man

carbon15man New Member

So the law says I can be gifted a pistol does that mean I can open carry with a pistol? I was jus wondering bc I don't want to break any laws but why would they allow me to own one but not carry one

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Depends on state and county laws.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Details needed.
    Where?
    Age?
    Record?

4. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

I live in IL and the law says I can be gifted a pistol, but we have no open carry here. Gifting and open carry are two totally separate things. Like the guys up there ^^ said, age, record, state of residence all come into play.

5. carbon15man

carbon15man New Member

19 live in NC clean record I knw there's to open carry in cary nc at all but idk about the rest of the state

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

If i'm reading your "english" correct there is no open carry in NC so NO- duh

7. vincent

vincent New Member

Here are some helpful links I put together, have a look...

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f146/nc-legal-reference-guide-58264/

OC is legal in NC but if you're only 19 you are not allowed to OC or CC, not until you're 21...

You can in fact be gifted a handgun under the age of 21 legally but that's it, leave the house with it and you'll have a new residence in a hurry if you get caught...(ironbar hotel)

Best not to take legal advice from an online forum...(as awesome as we may be...;) )...Contacting lawyer that specializes in gun laws might be a good idea as well...

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Please don't feed the troll

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.