Can anyone tell me about this red dot for my AR?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by DropZone889, Nov 14, 2013.

1. DropZone889

DropZone889 New Member

This would be my first optic / red dot purchase and I'm try to keep the price to a minimal and I found this one on sale for a great price $59!

TruGlo Triton 20mm Tri Color Red Dot TG8020B

Please, any suggestions, comments, etc...

Attached Files:

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I have two TruGlo 30mm red dot sights and I am satisfied with their product. TruGlo makes a good product for its price point.

I have not used that particular sight.

3. samnev

samnev New Member

If I was looking for an inexpensive red dot (not an EoTech or Aimpoint) the lowest I would go would be the Vortex Sparc or StrikeFire.

4. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

I know quite a few people happy with the truglo red dots I don't have any but ive never heard a complaint from anyone I know gander mtn includes them in a deal a lot of times with optic ready ar rifles

5. ccase39

ccase39 Member

I second the Strikefire. Great optic.

6. Monkeyclaw

Monkeyclaw New Member

I just put a Sparc on my AR. I don't know if it works well, I can't get my wife to put it down. She seems to like it though!

7. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Might be okay. I honestly don't know. The cheapest RDS I've been impressed with was an $80 Millet that I had. Nothing fancy, but it just plain worked. To be clear...there are in fact cheapo red dot sights that can work great depending on your demands; they just might not be the uber bomb-proof, never-fail options that many of us are chasing.

I may buy one of the Bushnell TRS-25 RDS for a rifle I recently put together. It tends to get really good reviews and is a little under $100. That's where I would tend to point you if you're determined to stay under $100.

If you're willing to spend a bit more ($120-180), watch PSA for a deal on a Vortex Strikefire or Sparc. Both are outstanding. I have extensive experience with both. And honestly, I don't consider either to be inferior to my $500 EoTech XPS2.

8. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I have the 2X42 multi...bigger then yours by a bit,..I have not mounted it( either, I got 2) yet, but it looks great and very clear when I use it by itself,...looks like I'll get one mounted on Saturday....