Can anyone tell me about new taurus millinium pro series

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by rocco102, Jun 21, 2008.

1. rocco102

rocco102 New Member

I saw a good deal at academy on the Taurus Millinium series and wanted to kwow about the taurus never own one before. Considering on .45 cal to carry with me.:D

2. rocco102

rocco102 New Member

I quess nobody here wants to talk about Taurus Pt-145

3. coltm4

coltm4 New Member

sorry, i have not fired one let alone handled one. taurus does put out some decent products however.

4. Texanbybirth

Texanbybirth New Member

I have a neighbor who has one. He likes it, but I haven't fired it yet. Maybe I'll get to go to the range with him next month.

5. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Considering the trigger pull on most of the taurus dao pistols I've felt,I would have to choose a springfield xd over taurus.

6. Texanbybirth

Texanbybirth New Member

It's DA/SA.

edit: 3rd generation is DA\SA.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  7. greenjeans

greenjeans New Member

I had one of the first generation (non-pro) and it was a really good pistol. The trigger was not great, but it was very reliable and reasonably accurate. I traded it away, but would like to have another one. Easy to conceal, also. The early ones had some frame cracking problems, but I never had a problem with mine.

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

On the plus side, Taurus has a true lifetime warranty on all their handguns these days. They have completely re-tooled their manufacturing, going to CNC, and they have greatly improved their product line in the process.

On the negative - they are fighting up hill against the market share they shunned previously.

I have fired the PT-1911 and was very impressed, especially for the price. I have read several reviews of their products which have been positive, so I would lean towards this being a good purchase.

If you can get a good price, I think you can probably safely put down the coin knowing that the company is going to stand behind their products.

JD

9. Texanbybirth

Texanbybirth New Member

Academy sells the 9mm, 40, and 45 for $299 each.

10. Sigma40

Sigma40 New Member

My brother has the 9mm and the .45. I've shot both. I love them. Comfortable in hand and they are dead on. The trigger pull is not bad. Now my question is can you hook me up and get me one at your deal?

11. Righteous

Righteous New Member

had a chance to shoot a few of these and they hard to beat for the money, have sold a good bit and havent seen any come back yet

12. Texanbybirth

Texanbybirth New Member

What is the difference between the Millenium Pro and the 24/7?

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Found a thread contemplating this very question:

"It seems the 2 models are pretty much identical in size. According to their website:

TAURUS PT24/7-PRO "COMPACT" | MILLENNIUM PRO PT POLYMER PISTOL

Barrel Length: 3.33" ............................................... Barrel Length: 3.25"
    Length: 6.375" ....................................................... Length: 6.125"
    Width: 1.25" .......................................................... Width: 1.25"
    Height: 5.5" ........................................................... Height: 5.125"
    Frame: Large .......................................................... Frame: Medium
    "

This Thread is where I found the info and might be worth following the discussion if you are interested.

JD

14. Texanbybirth

Texanbybirth New Member

Thanks JD, From what I can gather from that thread, the 24/7 has beefier components which make it heavier. The 24/7 may have improved magazine retention and it has a rail for accessories. As minimal as the size/weight differences are, I may go with a 24/7 over a Millenium Pro.

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That was pretty much what I got out of the discussion as well Texan.

I am afraid I haven't played with either of them enough to form an opinion. I handled them at SHOT, but I was more or less playing with everything I could get my hands on, so I can't say I was looking for anything special until it hit my hands and "felt" different.

JD