Firearms Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
26,472 Posts
Yep. Domestic birds. Someone is missing their Guineas. Noisy as hell. Will remove ALL ticks from an area. Predators show up, you will know it.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick replies! They were in the road and wouldn't get out of the way. Never seen them before, cool looking birds.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Yep them are Guinea's, we had them when I was a kid, meanest damn bird in the barn yard, especially a old hen sitting a clutch.................

·
Administrator
34,528 Posts
If I remember right, those chickens lay blue eggs. Oops, never mind. I think they lay brown eggs.

·
Premium Member
10,199 Posts
Guinea hens are bug eating machines. We had them in rural WV when i was growing up: So did some of the neighbors. Those birds would travel for a few miles: They roosted in trees, on top of haystacks or the tops of a buildings at night.

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
If I remember right, those chickens lay blue eggs. Oops, never mind. I think they lay brown eggs.
You are thinking of ameraucana chickens, that lay blue eggs. There are giant chickens that lay pink eggs. I am not a chicken person but a lot of my neighbors have chickens. From listening to their conversations and the love of fresh eggs I know more about chickens than I care to know.

·
Registered
644 Posts
most fowl

''guinnies '' are the most economical watchdog one can own ....dont eat much and wont leave a land mine in the yard:cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts