Firearms Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I got nothing but I am sure C3shooter or Canebrake will be along soon with all you'll need to know! :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
It's a French made variation of the "Ruby pistols" made during WW1. You'd need more info on serial numbers and markings to find specific manufacturer because during that time it's was mainly individual gunsmiths that would make them. Breveté S.G.D.G. (sans garantie du gouvernement) in English means Patent Without Guarantee of the Government. If you can give more info I can try to narrow it down more.

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
A rip off of a baby browning. The stylized "H" is intended to look like the "FN" on the genuine article. Such knock offs were common in France and (especially) Spain up to WWII.

·
Administrator
26,867 Posts
Hourat et Vie. Little known gunmaker, operated in South of France in the 1930s. Yes, knockoff of the "Eiber" type pistol. Some of the machining may have been done in Eibar, Spain, and brought over into France for finish and assembly. Looks to be missing safety.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Check A.B. Zhuk's Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Handguns: Pistols And Revolvers Of The World, 1870 To The Present. You'll find an amazing array of those knock-offs, and might even find that one.

I can't get to my copy right now, or I'd check it for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know that gun....

It was manufactured by Manufacture d'Armes de Pyrenees of Hendaye, France. and is a "brand labeled" Unique Model 10. They made these and gave them individual names depending on what outlet was going to be selling them. There are over 125 different versions of this same pistol and the only difference was the lablel and in some cases the emblem on the grip. Mine was a "Gallia" I did a lot of research into this pistol trying to figure out what is was. If you like I can forward it to you.

My Grandfather also brought it back from France (WWII). Unfortunately he lived in Canada and the US would not allow me to bring it across the border so I no longer have it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts