Can anyone ID this shotgun?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by boice1971, Jan 10, 2012.

1. boice1971

boice1971 New Member

The only thing I know about it is it says "Royal Ejector" on one side. Other than that, here are a few pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The only other royal ejector I've heard of is a Holland and Holland (big $$$), pretty sure this isn't one...

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Name was also used by Grulla from Spain, and Sauer.

Have seen that little flip latch before, but can't remember just where. Possibly Crescent, H&D Folsom?

3. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I seen a Crescent single shot 12 ga that looked alot like that.

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

4. russ1982

russ1982 New Member

Although I'm no expert I would tend to agree that it is a crescent. They made a ton of cheap shotguns and u could order them with any name u wanted on the side. This was back in the days of going to a general store and ordering out of a catalog. Some of the really big stores would order a few hundred with there name on them. I have worked on a couple that looked very similar to that. But I could be wrong.

5. HenryH

HenryH New Member

Royal Ejector

Sorry about the two-year delay in answering your question. I'm a newbie here; just saw your post five minutes ago. Afraid I cannot identify your "Royal Ejector" shotgun, but I have one that's identical to the pics you posted. Used to belong to my great-aunt, who lived on a farm in south-central Maryland with no running water or electricity. The shotgun lived behind the door to the North Porch and was always loaded. Don't know exactly how old it is, but my earliest memory of the gun is from about 1938, and I'm pretty sure it was nowhere near new even then.

HenryH

6. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

If you are interested that is an old W. H. Davenport single barrel !...............

7. HenryH

HenryH New Member

Royal Ejector

303Tom, I believe you're right. Many thanks.

HenryH

8. natman

natman Member

So what's under the little flap on the RH side?

9. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Thats to release the hinge pin...................Like this !.............

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014