Can anyone explain this to me?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by okconcarry1, Nov 24, 2012.

1. okconcarry1

okconcarry1 New Member

Can anyone explain this to me? I just got this Sig P250 and after about 20 rounds or so this happened! I thought it might have been just the maybe the case was packed to hard but then it happened again about 30 rounds layer! Any help would be great!

Attached Files:

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Type and brand of ammo? Caliber? And is the base ripped or blown?

My first instinct would be to change ammo. But you really should also get a Smith to look at your gun.

3. okconcarry1

okconcarry1 New Member

It was plinking ammo from the range (I use it all the time and this is the first time it has happened) I thought I might have been the ammo to so I loaded some federal and same thing! It is .40 in the compact model. Another guy said it looked like something called "firing out of battery"

4. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

My 10/22 ruger will do the same thing if it gets to happy and excited . It looks like the round is firing before it is chambered fully . Fire it but examine the breech each shot and make sure it is locked all the way forward , if not then that may be your problem

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Being as that you changed ammo and it still happened leads me to believe Its the firearm. I advise caution. Have a gun smith look at it before any more shooting. Better to pay than lose an eyeball. But to answer why. I don't really know the cause.

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

Start with a gun Smith. May want to look at your cleaning and lube technique.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

thats something you need to contact sig over. they will want the case as well. looks like a flawed gun.

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

That looks like the round is not supported completely by the chamber.

Back to the manufacturer. Include a photo of how a new round sits in the barrel. Chances are the feed ramp area.

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

BACK TO SIG!!! That is bad. It was not surprising when you first wrote "range" ammo. Presumed reloads and probably not very well done. BUT when you said it did the same thing with new Federal ammo? Send it in.

10. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

That was my first thought. Here's a pic of the results of a Glock infamous unsupported chamber.

Attached Files:

11. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Contact Sig about it. If they tell you to send it back be sure to send a couple cases with it. Do not take it to a gunsmith! This looks like a warranty problem, not something to tinker with locally.

12. okconcarry1

okconcarry1 New Member

Talked to Sig this morning and because I am not the original owner they will not honor the warranty! I know a smith here in town but I'm wondering if its a bigger deal than a local smith can fix.

13. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

I would NOT shoot that thing anymore, somethings seriously wrong.

14. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Oh man, that;'s seriously uncool, I'll be sure to remember that the next time I"m in the market for a polymer firearm.

15. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

WOW No sig's for me. Won't honor a warranty that's pure BS.

16. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Does not surprise me coming from Sig. I am a Sig trained armorer, but have NEVER owned one. Everyone I have met that works for Sig is an AZZHOLE!!

17. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

The sig 250 series has been the leak link in there designs. You may want to try a sig forum for a view from guys that live sig.

18. JigSawer40

JigSawer40 New Member

That's unusual. I have a Sig P250c and in 40sw but I never had a problem with it after 1500 rounds. The chamber completely surround the casing so there's something flawed with yours.

You said you bought it used my guess is you bought someone's headache.

19. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

Why not just pick up another barrel ?

20. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I believe that is the answer.