Can anyone beat Wal-marts Prices?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Surftaco, May 10, 2010.

1. Surftaco

Surftaco New Member

Ive been purchasing my ammo from Wal-mart since Ive owned my gun.

I always get the Federal's in a 115 grain for 9.97 for a box of 50. Its been great ammo so far, my sig eats like a Fat Kid at Golden Corral.

I'm not complaining but I have yet to find an online retailer able to sell at that price!

with tax it comes to $10.60 a box. With the online stores you also have to pay shipping to so thats a factor. This ammo is just for the range.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

115gr what? 9mm?

Thats .21¢/rd and yes, for 9mm range ammo, thats a great deal.

3. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

Only if you re-load your own. I do 115grn 9mm rounds for about $.13/round.

Of couse it doesn't count my time or the cost of the reloading equipment (thats been paid for for years), but its a labor of love.

:D

4. Surftaco

Surftaco New Member

I guess no one can!

5. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

The only way its cheaper, is if you buy it in NH with no sales tax, and you get an employee discount of 10%. :rolleyes::cool:

6. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

I miss the Blazer Brass, it was so much better than the Fed Crapion. Whats even more sad, is that its the same company, same brass, just a POS bullet.

I miss the days of $4.97 WWB truncated cone at Walmart.

7. doctherock

doctherock New Member

The reason Wal-Mart ammo is so cheap is because they have a warehouse full of ammo. They make all their ammo purchases for the year all at once. They store it and ship it to the different stores. This is why nobody can beat their prices. Hell .40 ammo is only 13.97 a box. I cant reload it that cheap for a box of 50. only .27 cents a round.

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I don't know of anyone that can come close to walmarts prices. Even big sporting goods stores like Dick's want significantly more money. Unless you load your own you can't beat them and as mentioned, you've got to soak up the cost of the equipment to load. My press has been paid for long ago so I keep loading.