Can a Persuader accept a normal stock

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by GaryGlock, Oct 1, 2012.

1. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

I have the mossberg persuader with the pistol grip and the ATI stock pictuered in my avatar, I was wondering if I could put a normal stock on it? The pistol grip is attached by a large screw that goes into the back of the reciecer so I'm not sure.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Yes, you should be able to change the stocks as you describe.

3. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Arite nice, yea after putting a bunch of rounds through it I've started dis liking the pistol grip a lot, and the dang bar the collapsing stock slides in slams me in the face when I sight up on it. It's Just not for me.

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I had a Rem 870 turkey gun with a tactical stock, dang thing kicked harder than a Missouri mule on steroids. Traded it on a Glock 17.

No more tacticool shotguns for me.

5. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Yeah I'm deffinitaly gettin that feeling. Don't wanna trade it just take the *stupid* stock off

6. orangello

orangello New Member

7. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

I was considering one like the top, but a hogue. How is it with a good cheek weld? That's my biggest gripe with it..its a 12 gauge obviously your shoulder will be sore no biggy, but when I leave the range I feel like I got punched in the face, and sometimes it looks like it!! I figured a normal stock would be a little easier on the cheek.

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Holding up a Persuader up anywhere your face to get a sight picture is a recipe for dental work. They were meant to be fired from the hip ONLY.

9. orangello

orangello New Member

The stock i have is not too uncomfortable to shoulder at all, but i don't usually fire more than ten rounds on a trip.

10. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Arite well thanks guys, think I'm just gonna trade it or sell it for a normal stock. Thank you all

11. fupuk

fupuk New Member

When i bought mine from the gun show by me, i bought a butt stock and it cost me $20. I have never shot it with just the pistol grip but i got a good deal on the shotgun with a pistol grip i couldnt pass it up.

Attached Files:

12. Underdog

Underdog Member

I bought mine as a pistol grip only, it was a mossy 500 JIC. I took it to the range one time in that configuration and quickly learned it was cool looking but hurt like hell to shoot. I bought a wood stock from Havlin sales and it's been great ever since. The wood stock see's a lot of action and has that classic wood look to it that makes the gun look real nice.