Firearms Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a Glock work in single and doble action?
What I mean is, can you just press the trigger and fire the Glock or do you have to slide it back in order to shoot.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
You need to rack the slide to chamber the first round in semi-autos. The bullet doesn't enter the chamber from loading the magazine.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
A GLOCK operates in DA not SA. Actually according to GLOCK it operates in "Safe Action". To fire you must first chamber a round. After the first round is chambered the gun can fire with only a pull of the trigger untill empty. There is no external hammer on a GLOCK to operate it in SA.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Springfield XD has kind of neat feature (probably unintentional) but although you do need to rack the slide to chamber the first round, in the case of a dud bullet you only have to pull the slide back about 3/4" to "re-cock" it. If the round fails to fire you can give it a double hit instead of fully ejecting it. I don't believe you can do that with a Glock.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Springfield XD has kind of neat feature (probably unintentional) but although you do need to rack the slide to chamber the first round, in the case of a dud bullet you only have to pull the slide back about 3/4" to "re-cock" it. If the round fails to fire you can give it a double hit instead of fully ejecting it. I don't believe you can do that with a Glock.
Why would you want to "re-cock" it? Seems like a waste of time. Pull the slide all of the way back and get rid of the dud.

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
glock

I agree with Doc. If it did not work the first tim it is not likely to work the second or 25th time. Get rid of the dud and go on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts