Firearms Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Retired
13,842 Posts
Okay, I'm old.....
What the heck is a "generation 4 MagLoc" doing on an AR?
Magloc - Connective innovation
Are you talking about a magazine catch?
Proper terms will assist in getting the information you need.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For complying where laws restrict bad magazine stuff, like one that's <gasp!> detachable.

Here's the lock. They call it a lock buthttps://youtu.be/MNc6T8Bjd1g

And the kingpin that permits upper release with enough rotation for lock/latch to work the mag release.

The vids make the mods look easy but I'd like some comments from those that have done it.

·
Retired
13,842 Posts
I never needed one.
Sorry.

Reactions: Sniper03

·
Supporting Member
14,207 Posts
danf

I am with you IMO just another unnecessary trinket for someone to peddle and make money!
And by the way as you know when you remove the End Plate away from the rear of the Receiver.
when moving the Stock. The Take Down Pin shoots out of the Receiver like a Rocket not just fall out as it did in the video!

Reactions: Southernguns

·
Registered
107 Posts
danf

I am with you IMO just another unnecessary trinket for someone to peddle and make money!
And by the way as you know when you remove the End Plate away from the rear of the Receiver.
when moving the Stock. The Take Down Pin shoots out of the Receiver like a Rocket not just fall out as it did in the video!

I’ve actually spoken with the guy who made these. Remember, this is Kommiefornia AR15 owners. Their choice is to have an ugly, deformed AR looking thing…or a regular AR15 with normal grip, muzzle device, etc, but fixed magazine. This little thing allows mag changes while still keeping it “Fixed”, for their stupid laws. He has spent a whole lot more money in R&D than he’s made. Now, I’m in Pa..I don’t have to worry about that nonsense of laws, but I give the guy a pat on the back for thinking outside the box. He’s made something to key guys “make lemon aid with lemons”. Look up California AR15 and it will shed some light. Not all f our country is FREE!

·
Supporting Member
14,207 Posts
One

You are right! I guess I did not realize why he made it and the application! Yes, I change my view of the product he made. And since its application is for Commiefornia, now it makes perfect sense! Having to pull out the Take Down Pin every time to load the Magazine would be a pain in the Arssssss! Not to mention the effort and possible wear and tear on the Detent since the normal detent has a pointed tip that rides in the channel of the Take Down Pin. As it wore from repeated opening of the Pin it might after a while make it more difficult to pull the Take Down Pin out and in?
Thanks for the clarification on the product! :)

Reactions: One

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Just think of all the lives this will save! I bet the gang members are all lined up to make their guns "legal". I feel sorry for the good people of Calif. who are just trying to protect themselves. Best way is to just leave the place.

·
Retired
13,842 Posts
As a reminder, every "gun" law passed is directed toward the person who obeys laws.
California included.

Reactions: Sniper03

·
Administrator
1,169 Posts
Folks - this is the wrong section to bandy about California gun laws. Let's get back to the OP's topic.

Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
No gunsmith involved? Just me, the necessary tools, and the instructional video?

What is the most challenging part?
Shortfingwr, there is nothing challenging whatsoever with installing this. It’s no more difficult than installing the mag release in the first place. I guess if there’s anything, it would just be sure you don’t strip the small Allen screw attaching the lever. It’s a very small Allen. But other than that, it’s a cake walk. I’m guessing you under laws in which you must have a Fixed magazine?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sniper03,

My pleasure brother. And thank you! I genuinely appreciate your willingness to see the other side. I am glad there are people out there who can think outside the box when confronted with, “problems”. This invention helps many people not truly free.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts