Can a civilian buy a remington 700 cdl dm

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by thecollecter, Mar 3, 2013.

1. thecollecter

thecollecter New Member

I be wonted this for so long but could never find it so I don't know wether to keep looking or not

2. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

3. RustyShackleford101

RustyShackleford101 New Member

If you are from America, absolutely! But I don't really know much about other countries gun laws.

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Dang, if Boomhauer does not understand you, there isn't hope for the rest of us.

5. thecollecter

thecollecter New Member

Hmm I've seen hundreds of 700s if not more but never a CDL DN

6. orangello

orangello New Member

7. thecollecter

thecollecter New Member

Thanks but I'm in ny so I can't order a gun and I mean CDL DM and yes it's the detachable bow magazine

8. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Jeekers man...clarify yourself here! We posted two links of 700 DM's. There are thousands out there, so what exactly is your issue????

9. thecollecter

thecollecter New Member

I just wonted to know if a Remington 700 CDL DM is legal in New York that's it I don't wont any links to websites

10. orangello

orangello New Member

OH, i see. You might get a more "on target" response in the NY subforum. I think there has been some discussion of the new SAFE act. I set up a thread in the "Legal" subforum; there have been some SAFE discussions there too. Good luck!

Condolonces on your geographical handicap.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  11. RustyShackleford101

I got out of NY the first chance I had and never looked back. It's too bad my home state is in so much discourse.

12. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

This was your original post...which has nothing to do with NY firearms laws. I guess your saying a detachable magazine holding as little as 5 rounds is illegal in NY???

13. RustyShackleford101

Nope. 7 is the new limit. SEVEN!!

14. RustyShackleford101

The SAFE a t is so stupid. SEVEN!?!

15. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

It's a bolt action, it's legal.... All they banned were semi auto guns and parts..

16. jeepboy4life

jeepboy4life New Member

why wouldnt it be legal in NY? and i believe yes it is legal

17. longunner

longunner New Member

That's not even the worst part...no Preban mags you're only allowed ten rounders...here's where it gets really dumb. You're allowed to have a ten round magazine if bought prior to when the law was passed but you're only allowed to put in 7 rounds.....this leaves me so dumbfounded as to why they thought that was a good idea SHAKING MY HEAD BIG TIME....:mad:

18. RustyShackleford101

I know it brother. My sister owns a farm up near the Canadian border and I make a visit every now and again. She has got a neighbor who had a nice collection of semi autos with preban magazines. Now all of them are effectively single shots now, as he had no ten round mags and cannot find any magazines on the market.