Camo confusion

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Jasson, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Jasson

Jasson New Member

Hey guys can you pleaae help with the confusion. I know this is probably a repeated or irritating topic but does the blue camo work or is conventional camo better? any info much appreciatrd

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Your post is confusing me.

3. Jasson

Jasson New Member

Is blue camo better than conventional camo at keeping "hidden" / better at being blended to the bush surroundings. Sorry for the confusion

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have never seen blue leaves or blue trees , I highly suggest you going with standard camo . Blue camo is the tacticool flavor of the day

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Being in the Navy and forced to wear blue digital camo I can tell you it doesn't blend with anything natural. For the Navy's purpose the camo patern was designed to hide dirt and grease and paint which are the most common environmental issues for sailors as they perform cleaning and maintenance on ships, aircraft, and machinery.

Get some multicam and call it good.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

It might be good for camo at night. I can't see it's usefulness for anything else unless you're trying to sneak into a Smurf's house.

7. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Unless you are hunting Turkey or something like that, you don`t need camo, you need to not move ! Deer & such see movement not your blue jeans or your plaid shirt, or your hunter orange vest..............

8. Jasson

Jasson New Member

Thanks guys, I thought it might be a load of BS and then a guy claimed to have stalked a gemsbok within 4m. It was a hunting article. So I thought I would post and get experienced advice

9. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

I guess it's possible if the gemsbok was deaf and blind from laughing so hard at the "BLUE" camo.:cool:

10. Threetango

This is a pic on my "man cave " wall and what I consider "real" camo.
    How many guy's do you see in the pic ?

[​IMG]

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Pics kinda small. I see two anyway.

12. Threetango

Yea, you're right but there's three.
    One just to the right of the guy kneeling's hat. You can see his forearm (skin colored) and he's leaning slightly forward.

13. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I see at least 5. There was a picture posted in a hunting magazine one time captioned can you see the deer. He had a second picture with the deer (1) circled. He was swamped with copies of his picture with more deer circled that he had not seen.:eek: I forgot how many but it was a herd.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  14. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Almost all of the hunting camouflage I see for forested areas seems to be designed to for hunters who think if they can’t see a hunter, the deer won’t either. They think deer process vision the same way we do.

The best camouflage I’ve seen has big, bold irregular ‘stripes & blocks’ that break up the human form. Not an overall pattern of similar texture and color that pretty much looks like a human in a mottled medium grey jumpsuit.

Some of these will give you an idea:
    http://dornob.com/photos-of-invisible-men-how-to-camouflage-in-21-contexts/?ref=search
    Look at the guys on the steps and the crosswalk.

And this one too:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  15. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Here is some more camouflage.............See the guy?

Attached Files:

16. Vincine

Vincine New Member

17. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I found the guy, I just couldn't find the URL. ;)

18. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

Most herbivores are color blind. In fact, to give a herbivore 20/20 vision you would have to strap coke bottles on it's head. I know I have killed more than one deer wearing a white wife beater T-shirt.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012