Camera checking time!

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by limbkiller, Aug 4, 2012.

1. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Well it's time to start checking the trail cameras and moving them around to find some nice bucks to hunt. Here are a few pics from the 1st we checked today. (My son and I) A couple of decent deer and a couple of other pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Deer and Turkey! :eek: It's like a 2 for 1 :D ..... that buck in the last photo ... good hunting ;)

3. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

That buck in the last pic is nice. Going to be hard to get him. He did not get that big being dumb. Lol. Great spot you got.

4. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

We saw a bigger one walking in. This is on public land. We do all our bow hunting on public land. Hunt 3 different WMA's. Then I have 4 farms in 4 counties to rifle and muzzle loader hunt. So far I haven't had to lease anything. Here is a good one from last year. Haven't checked that camera yet.

[​IMG]

Last years bow kill.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

get some doe scent ..... throughout history there's been more than one male brought down by the scent of a woman :p

Attached Files:

6. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Yea I use doe estrus before and during the rut some. Put in a spray bottle with distilled water and spray it on the ground as I walk along. Drag rags get weaker as you walk along and to many deer follow it back to a guys truck. LOL A spray bottle keeps it fresh and the deer follow where you are going not were you have been.