Calling Names: 1911 vs Glock

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Gloves, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Gloves

Gloves New Member

This is a little bit different from : http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/1911-vs-glock-26338/

I have heard that 1911 enthusiasts are called: Steel and Walnuts
    What are Glock owners called?

Any other names for 1911 guys?

Another example is Snowboarders and Snow Skiers: Knuckle Draggers / 2-plannkers

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Ghey.

Men.

3. unknownhero82

unknownhero82 New Member

haha niice :p

4. crockett007

crockett007 New Member

Do we really have to endure another one of these discussions?

This horse is so dead the glue has dried up.

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I agree with you 100%. Plus, Shihan said it better than I have ever heard. I would have said, "Gatson's Gheys" though. How about "Poly Faygs?" Personally, I like "Hymens love Hype" myself. ;)

6. General-Logic

General-Logic New Member

Metal vs Plastic.

Seems obvious which one is preferable.

7. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

I own a bunch of Glocks and a bunch of 1911's. I think they are the 2 best pistol platforms ever designed.

8. NPD5946TSW

NPD5946TSW New Member

Some people show off their pretty guns. Others show off their shooting skill!

9. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

I traded a practically new glock model 30 for an Auto Ordnance 1911. One of the best deals I ever made.

10. NPD5946TSW

NPD5946TSW New Member

Don't get me wrong, I have a hard on for 1911's...... My heart was broken when we transitioned to Glocks. But, I beat that issued glock like an ugly dog, and she always works. She'll run as dirty as I can get her.

11. joshfireart

joshfireart New Member

never even held a Glock afraid my buddy's would find out not worth the chance

12. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

Brilliant post. :rolleyes: You might want to find some new "buddies" to hang out with.

13. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

...with a 1911 you can do both...:D

14. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Ok, here's my 2 cents,

I will never say Glock isn't a reliable pistol, they are and they can take a beating.
    They just don't suit me because they don't feel right in my hand.
    When I got my Sigma .40, I called a friend of mine who has a Glock 23 .40 and we went to the range.
    The sigma was my first handgun more powerful than a .22 magnum.
    With the first magazine I shot through it, at 7 yards, I was shooting a group the size of a Skoal can, (My target WAS a Skoal can).
    Then my friend let me shoot his Glock and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, same thing happened when he shot my Sigma. I think some guns just naturally fit different people.
    It seems that most 1911 enthusiasts, like myself, love the fact that they're holding a piece of history, a gun design that is 100 years old and still considered one of the best pistols ever made.
    That, and they are just plain beautiful weapons, easy to handle, reliable and fun to shoot.
    I have no problem with most Glock owners, The Glock owners that I DO have a problem with, are those mall ninja types that think that if it's not Glock, it's junk.
    When I had my Sigma, it was my carry weapon at work (gun store), I had a customer one time that told me I should get rid of my Sigma and get a Glock because he said "you're going to shoot yourself with that Sigma".... Why? the Sigma's guts are exactly like a Glock but, the Sigmas trigger pull is heavier, IMO you are less likely to accedentally discharge a Sigma than a Glock.

Getting to the point, 1911 guys are "Steel and Walnuts"
    Glock fanboys ( not to be confused with the average Glock owner) are "Misleading and Bisexual":p

15. Gloves

Gloves New Member

I was hoping for something like:

Steel & Walnuts
    and
    Glock Jocks

You guys get testy with topics that say the word 'glock'

I found a few interesting GLOCK related definitions on Urban Dictionary:

1. Glock leg

A condition where a person shoots himself (or herself) in the leg while holstering their Glock pistol. This can happen with any weapon yielded by a careless user, but it is common among Glock pistols due to the lack of a manual safety, relatively light trigger pull, and lack of a proper hammer to push on while holstering.
    How is Jim doing? I heard that he came down with a case of Glock leg at the range yesterday.

1. Glock bite
    This is also known as "slide bite". It occurs when a moron fires any semi-automatic handgun and has his/her thumb too high up on the back of the weapon and when the trigger is pulled the person gets his/her thumb, or thumb region of their hand injured (usually a laceration) by the action of the slide. Glock Bite refers to when it is a Glock firearm being used by an idiot, and the idiot gets his/her hand injured.

16. Gloves

Gloves New Member

Anybody? Anything?

I'm just going to throw a few out there maybe something will stick:
    Glock Jocks (already said)
    Tupperware Taws?
    Square Shooters?
    Plastic pea-shooters?
    gaston-gunslingers
    light-weight lawmen
    Composit carriers
    Squeaky shooters

I need some help with these alliterations/rhymes
    Carring Austrian
    Crack shot blocks
    Sharpshooter loosers ???

I'm all out of ideas. Next time i'll make up some 1911 names.

1911 Awesome Guys! ... like i said, all out of brain power for the night.