Calling all Lady hunters.

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Dixieduo, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Dixieduo

Dixieduo New Member

Call me crazy but I am a loving husband who wants to get his wife into hunting. I wanted to hear from a few of the ladies on what gun and caliber they use or prefer. We want a rifle to use on hog in Florida and then maybe go after some bigger game this next fall.
    She has shot before and isn't scared. I just want to see what other women are using so I could get an idea of what to show her. come on ladies lets hear from you. she always gets diamonds for Christmas,,time for something better.:D

2. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Not a lady but a 30-30 works great for all the above. My gramps used to lol at me i wouldnt use the 1903 but picked up the marlin 336 I wana enjoy what i shot

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

my wife uses a savage 10 in 308. she bagged her first ever deer this year. 8 point buck

4. Dixieduo

Dixieduo New Member

Good job on the buck!!!

5. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Nice Jon!! Im a meat hunter not trophys dont get me wrong if that nice rack steps out well then lol

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

Dear old Mom is slight of build and well into her fifties, and tromps around in the woods with a Rossi .44 mag lever action. She's actually taken deer with it too.

7. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Im sure she has Trip 44 mag is no joke im wanting a 45lc lever is on my list

My 1911 full size is next im hungry for that pistol kill, one day it willl happen

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  8. tri70

tri70 New Member

I bought my daughter a 243 but she has not killed anything but snowmen and pumpkins so far. Also consider a 7mm-08, similar to the 308 and a little less felt recoil.

9. Dixieduo

Dixieduo New Member

She has picked 2 canidates. A Savage 308 or a Ruger American. I kinda liked the Mossberg 4x4 but heard that have some serious issues.