Calling all 1911 Haters!

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by NGIB, Aug 26, 2010.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Probably aren't any but I was really tired of seeing the Glock hater thread on the front page...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2010
  2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I hate them but only when I'm having nightmares.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

My complaint about the things is that after a while they seem to multiply. I started with one, and now, well, I lost count.

Is there a spay/neuter program?

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I hate 1911s. JMB was a poser who was just trying to get rich quick. What a huckster.

5. amoroque

amoroque New Member

I mean come on guys, no 1911 is as cool as my glock. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

6. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I can't stand how I just can't afford the several 1911's I'm looking at right now. It's just not right!!:mad: Isn't there something about thew right to own 1911's? I think the feds owe me a couple right now. That's it! I'm writing my Congressman.

<Insert time lapse here>

And now I hate that my Congressman wont agree I'm entitled to another 1911!!!!!:rolleyes:

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

You and your 1911's come up to VT, I'll kick you in the junk and relieve you of your burden :p

8. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

There's something wrong with a platform that most users don't add lights and lasers to.

Wazzup with wood grips? A real man is satisfied with black sandpaper plastic.

And doesn't everyone want Made in Austria stamped into the only piece of steel on their gun?

9. Murfdog

Murfdog New Member

Plastic or Steel

I prefer mine to be made in Germany. H&K rules.But with that said I am looking to add a 1911 to my family.I'm looking hard at a Colt Combat Commander XSE.

Murfdog

10. orangello

orangello New Member

Had a funny conversation with a nephew of mine who recently bought a Springer 1911. I was asking him what he had done to it & how much he had shot it and was communicating my jealousy. He hasn't done to much customization to it & hasn't exactly shot the barrel out yet either. The one comment that just floored me wasn't about the super smooth trigger pull or the flat profile for carry, it was ~"I just wish it held 13+1 like your XD45". :rolleyes: I did explain that i've seen hi-cap drums for some 1911's.

He's a good kid, but he appears to have bought that pistol for the wrong reasons. When he tires of it {crossing fingers} i hope to pick it up for cheap. :D

11. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Don't do it, you'll wind up hating it and trading it in for a few Glocks.

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

ROFL!!

They're too dang expensive!!!!!! The ones I want anyway. :D

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Attached Files:

14. onceremovedtwice

onceremovedtwice New Member

Growing up a Vietnam issue Marine's son I learned two important things 1st B.R.A.S.S.!!!!,the second was and I quote " 7+1 ol' SLABSIDES is all you will ever need ,everything else is just country." so that said 13+ mag cap. is nice ,but the 1911 has earned it's keep in some of the worst places on the planet .

15. orangello

orangello New Member

Nah, i would enjoy the 1911 at the range & such. :) I definately wouldn't swap him for my XD though, maybe the CZ75b.

The boy just cracked me up with the way he was almost stunned that his 1911 didn't hold as many rounds as a much newer design with a double-stacked mag.

16. orangello

orangello New Member

Since i don't get to the range every week, i like to have a few extra rounds available, just-in-case.
    I was not trying to start the "timeless design vs. higher capacity" debate; i was just passing on some amusement at his misunderstanding of some aspects of the 1911. :)

17. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Let's not start praising the 1911 here. Come on, hate it, hate it, hate it. Say it with me, "Glock good, new, big mag, it hold light...1911 bad, old, wimpy mag, ammo so expensive."

18. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

G37,

I believe you are making this more simplistic than reality warrants. In no way can rabbit hunting be compared to a real life “shootout” after all the rabbit is not shooting back at you. Being good for target practice yes, use of draw techniques yes but training for a self defense situation not hardly.

I agree that being aware of what is around you is one of the most important aspects of self defense and proper shot placement will end most threats fairly early. BUT…. In a real world situation an individual will have an immediate dump of adrenalin into their body and this will physically affect their body reaction, muscle movement, eye/hand coordination, visual acuity, and their thought process. Now this will be different for each individual however the physical responses will be the same.

No one knows what they will do or how they will react in a self defense situation and having the largest number of rounds available to you is only sensible. “I” would rather have 12 + 1 in my weapon and an additional 12 in my reload than only have 9 and 8.

Now with that said I also believe it is each person’s responsibility to choose what they feel comfortable with and practice with same. I have found that a person shooting a weapon “they” want will perform much better than that same person carrying a weapon that someone has convinced them they “must” because it is the best, latest, and greatest or it has been around for 100 years and there fore it is the only weapon anyone should carry. Bull Pucky, the best weapon is the one you feel is best for you and you can shoot well with.

Scubie

19. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

This was a funny thread....

20. NGIB

NGIB New Member

If you hate MIM, buy any and spend the $100 or so to replace the MIM parts.

Personally, I've owned & shot 1911s for a long time and have never had a part fail (MIM or non-MIM). The only problem I ever had with a part breaking is the safety came off a Taurus 1911. Personally, I think the MIM hate is just an interwebz thing. If MIM parts failed so miserably and so often - manufacturers wouldn't use them as it wouldn't be cost effective...