California wildlife official in hot water over mountain lion hunt

Discussion in 'California Gun Forum' started by Vikingdad, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

2. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Damn, he killed the cat in Northern Idaho and paid $6800.00 for the 7 day guided hunt. It's legal in Idaho. These California " it's illegal to do anything" people need to mind their own business.

3. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Does this get anyone else mad as all he//?! What happened to freedom??? He killed the lion in another state...

4. theropinfool

theropinfool New Member

Holy crap I'm glad I live in Utah. We can even hunt with dogs here! Did you read the comments after the story? These people are insane!

Up until this year my dad was hunting cats every weekend. There are no "canned" hunts on lions. You guys know that though. I'm preaching to the choir I know. Just burns me up. They really think they should control everyone else's lives. Queer marriage isn't legal here. Maybe we could arrest all of them when the bother us at sundance.

5. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

My GOSH!!! Would all of the normal people in Cali once and for all move to a different state so we can go ahead and wall that F'ing place off!!!

The comments on the site after the story piss me off more than the story itself!!!

Talk about a bunch of friggin' busybodies!!! They need to get a life and stop worrying about what (supposedly) FREE people do on their OWN TIME in OTHER STATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

7. beangrinder

beangrinder New Member

California wildlife official in hot water

There are those who are constantly looking for a chink which they could exploit in order to remove Commissioner Daniel W. Richards from office. Richards did nothing wrong and didn't violate any laws, although this won't stop them from using the hunt as an excuse to replace the Fish and Game Commissioner with someone less outspoken. I frankly don't understand how Commissioner Richards actions are viewed as a "disgrace to his position" by simply participating in this hunt. I personally hope that cooler heads prevail and this current storm blows over.
    P.S. Nice trophy!

8. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Another affirmation that I made the right decision nearly 20 years ago to get the heck out of CA. Only lived there 2 years, that was enough.

9. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I am personally opposed to trophy hunting on a moral level, however I would love to have the opportunity to put lion on the menu. I hear it was the favorite meat on Kit Carson's (and many other early Western explorers) dinner plate.

10. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

The Enviros don"t want any hunters on the Fish and Game Commission. It's too bad. Without hunters, there'd be very little going into wildlife management.

11. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

You're absolutely correct. It is thru hunting that healthy game animal populations are effectively managed. Not to mention the revenue generated thru licensing, tax on gear, etc.

I forget which magazine it was, but I once read what was a fitting description of the rabid anti-hunters....(paraphrased, as I can't remember exactly):

"They (anti's) seem to think it inhumane that hunting is used to manage animal populations, from taking of game for the dinner table, to predator control to ensure proper balance. It's as if they believe that in the wild, animals die with their head on a feathery pillow, fading away as a crescendo of violins plays from the heavens....rather than from having had their throat ripped out by a mountain lion or pack of coyotes."

Classic.

12. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

California could solve it's debt crisis by forgetting about cats and issuing tags for registered democrats. They'd raise money by selling the tags and thin the heard of "takers" at the same time.

Sound to harsh? Eventually these idiots will cross the wrong man. It's simply a matter of time.

Tack

13. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

14. zedpapa

zedpapa Member Supporter

Signed the petition.

Brian

15. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Cool. So did I. You don't have to be a CA resident to sign, nor do you have to be a registered voter. I read that kids as young as 15 can sign as well.

16. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I signed too. I'm tired of those azz hats chipping away at our freedoms and thinking that someone should be punished for exercising those rights LEGALLY. :mad:

17. widowmaker

widowmaker New Member

California is lost (almost)

With the election of Jerry Brown, his appointment of Kamala Harris as Attorney General and the Liberal Senators and Representives from this state things don't look good from my standpoint.
    I live in what some people call Jefferson but is becoming just like southern Calif.
    I talk to everyone I can about taking back this state but most of the people around here don't have the time, money or inclination do do anything but *****.
    Every year the people in power here pass some new and assinine law to control everyones life just a little more.
    Remember the "no mail order ammo" a year or so ago? It didnt matter that it violated the Constitution of the US. It was to "protect" us from ourselves.
    If my wife wasnt so sick we would be out of here tomorrow.

rant over. thank you.

18. vincent

vincent New Member

Signed...:cool: Every little bit helps...:cool:

19. orangello

orangello New Member

But, but, but, doesn't killing the giant kitties mean more food is available for the evil bears? :(

j/k

20. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Nope. Bears don't eat lions and lions don't eat bears. Lions eat deer and bears eat people. Sign the damned petition 'Gello!