California under water

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bigcountry02, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I pulled up the dailymail from the UK, has photos from California's state of emergency for the hard hit areas. Granted the southwest needs the rain; but, not like this!

California under water: Already-flooded Golden State braces as 'monster' storm gets set to dump two inches of rain an HOUR.

California is bracing for another monster storm tonight after days of relentless rainfall forced officials to evacuate hundreds of homes in America's so-called Golden State.

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger announced a state of emergency for the worst hit areas today and rescue crews frantically tried to clear flooded roads before more thunderstorms, hail and even small tornadoes hit the region.

California rain storms: State of emergency declared as rains spark mudslides and flood roads | Mail Online

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  2. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

So much for global warming. The plus for my brothers and I is the awsome snow pack coming to ski on.

3. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

They better find a way to save some of that damn water too.

4. doctherock

doctherock New Member

We get rain like that year round here in Astoria. Not as harsh but rains all the time. Feel bad for all those folks.

5. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

This is just one of the 4 Kalifornicator seasons:

Fire
    Flood
    Earthquake
    Riot

6. havasu

havasu Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, we got some rain, and it wasn't bad. They evacuated 220 homes in the La Canada area, just as a precaution, but didn't lose any houses. There were a few houses with mud damage due to flash floods in San Bernardino County, but we survived. If we can handle the idiot politicians here, the rain is nothing!

7. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

It has been raining nonstop since Friday, but at the west end of the valley it has not been terrible. We have had way worse before.

The El Nino of 1998 was other worldly.

8. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

God is crying..I mean..Look..at what it's become:p

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Does mudslides fall into one of those categories is it in a category of it's own?

10. havasu

havasu Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Being involved with the American Red Cross, Encino is perfectly fine. There are quite a few large trees which have fallen down as a result of the wet soil, and they have knocked out power to about 1000 homes throughout Southern California.

Edison, our local power provider, is already working on restoring power to these homes, and all should be up and running within the next day or two.

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The ground is saturated here in Sacramento and that means trees fall over.

My main concern is that we are surrounded by levees, old levees. If they ever go, the Katrina flood will look like a puddle in comparison.

12. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

13. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Mudslides fall under "Flood" because in reality, it's a flood....of mud but still a flood.