California Shootings

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by alsaqr, Nov 14, 2017.

1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

A man shot and killed five people. He opened fire at five different locations, including an elementary school. Police killed the shooter.

At least five people are dead following a shooting at multiple locations in Tehama County including a local elementary school, where at least two children were wounded.

Authorities described a chaotic scene in which a gunman appear to pick target randomly in the rural Northern California county. They said the incident appears to have begun as “domestic violence incident” but did not provide further details.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/5-...fted-to-hospitals/ar-BBEXV9c?ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Of course, the gunman was killed.

dango and Ghost1958 like this.

3. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I do not get it ! WTF happens inside these people's minds ? They want to impose chaos upon others
    , why don't they just become politicians where they can do the most damage ? Why does an elementary school sport a bulls-eye ? Less than cowards ....! What are these disgusting low life's thinking ? :mad:

kfox75, astroman, 67stingray and 2 others like this.
  4. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

What would you have them do, give the guy a marksmanship medal and a big hug? Hell yea they kill the scum. My congratulations to the cops who ended his miserable life.

formerCav, kfox75, manta and 4 others like this.
  5. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

It might be useful to find out whether he's part of a larger group of people scattered around the country doing this sort of thing. Seems like there's been a lot more of these events lately than normal.

Capturing him could provide useful information if there is actually a group of such people. I'd be OK with violating his "rights" by using invasive methods to elicit such information (truth serum, not waterboarding). As far as I'm concerned he gave up his rights when he started pulling the trigger on innocent children. He was caught in the act, multiple credible witnesses. He would be convicted without reference to any such information, so it would not constitute self incrimination.

That said,an opportunity to capture instead of kill is not likely to occur before an opportunity to shoot and LE needs to stop the nutball as quickly as possible. Not saying they should have delayed killing him. Just saying capture could be more useful if possible.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    kfox75, MisterMcCool, dango and 2 others like this.
  6. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Active Member

In CA, it's unlikely anyone would be armed to stop him but LE.

If they hadn't killed him first he would have self destructed.
    Gonna see slot more of these until it's crystal clear no new gun regulations will result.

67stingray and dango like this.
  7. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

the parent part of me, totally agrees with what you're saying. i'd like five minutes with the POS scumbag to beat any information he may have our of him.

the rational part of me, says we can't lower ourselves to the standards of such lowlifes, no matter how much we wish to. unfortunately, his rights have to be upheld. it's one of the guarantees that he will not get a conviction overturned on appeal and end up going free. that has happened more than once. a suspects rights were violated and the POS went free, even when it was known they committed the crime.

67stingray, jigs-n-fixture and dango like this.
  8. MisterMcCool

We will never know his motive because he was killed. I would love for at least some of these gunmen to be apprehended and interrogated and evaluated. Maybe we can learn how to prevent future attacks.

jigs-n-fixture and dango like this.
  9. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Motives can sometimes be pretty easy to figure out. Just look at the scum bags computer, if he used one, which he probably did.

locutus and dango like this.
  10. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Active Member

Most of these killers let off the leash will kill themselves when confronted if they aren't killed first.
    All one gets from a computer is what somebody put on it. Emphasis on somebody.

Cant have these folks talking. Wouldn't do much good anyway cuz by the time they ready to go kill a bunch their brain is mush anyway.

dango likes this.
  11. MisterMcCool

Maybe there was some sort of mental problem. Maybe it was caused by medication or mixing medications or withdrawal from medication.
    If combining aspirin and milk of magnesia makes people go nuts, we need to know that.

dango and Dallas53 like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

I am glad he was killed. There is no death penalty in calif. He didn't deserve to get life in a country club prison.

13. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Active Member

Yeppers or their Imodium clashing with their exlax. :D

jmo but most of em have been fed worse than that.

dango likes this.
  14. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm with Mister McCool on this . Tie a rope around one ankle , hang him over a 30 story high rise and ask a few questions ! Who knows , there may be some similarities ....?

MisterMcCool likes this.
  15. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep, another guy with known mental problems went berserk:

"Johnston would not disclose the names of the gunman or victims, pending notification of next of kin. But in a phone interview Tuesday night with the Los Angeles Times, the sister of the gunman confirmed his identity as Kevin Janson Neal, 44.

Sheridan Orr of North Carolina said her brother had a history of mental illness and episodes of rage.

“There are certain people that do not need guns and my brother was clearly one of them,” she said.

Johnston said the shooting stemmed from an “ongoing dispute” with a woman on Bobcat Lane, whom the attacker was charged with stabbing in January. She was among the first to be killed Tuesday shortly before 8 a.m."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gu...odshed/ar-BBEZaJH?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

Years ago the political hacks who run the USA stopped funding mental treatment facilities. Genuine mental cases are fed stuff like Thorazine and then "diagnosed" as behavioral cases. They are then locked up with common criminals.

dango and jigs-n-fixture like this.
  16. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Interrogation would be nice, but we have that troublesome 5rth Amendment.

Strange how so many people who believe the 2nd amendment and 4th amendment are ABSOLUTE and INVIOLABLE are perfectly willing to violate the 5th.

dango, Chainfire, Dallas53 and 2 others like this.
  17. Dallas53

yep! funny how some people want some rights to be absolute, but willing to deprive a person of their rights when it suits their personal needs of what they want.

manta, Chainfire and jigs-n-fixture like this.
  18. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

He probably did it because the gun laws are too lax in California.
    If they only had a way to remove the shoulder thing that goes up.

19. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I find it interesting that in The Peoples Republik of Kalifornistan a man that stabbed a woman which to me is a violent crime and had a restraining order against him still had his firearms and was loose. Neighbors were complaining that he was shooting a lot with high cap mags and still nothing was done. They write all kinds of gun restrictions but dont enforce them and then call for more restrictions when something happens. The inmates are running the asylum. The families of the victims should sue the state for gross negligence.

locutus, towboater, c3shooter and 4 others like this.
  20. Dallas53

you are exactly correct. but the problem is most such cases usually never get anywhere, or get tossed altogether.