California SB 249 do we turn in our AR 15?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by louieboots, Jul 4, 2012.

1. louieboots

louieboots New Member

So if this ridiculous law to add to the rest of California's ridiculous laws passes do we have to give up our rifles? I love my state but hate our Gun Laws!

2. vincent

vincent New Member

The question within the question...I'll say....no, but that's just me...:cool:

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

NEVER!!! :cool:

4. xcoreyyyx

xcoreyyyx New Member

You can always sell them for practically nothing to a fellow shooter like the ones of this site for example if you want to be cautious ;) Just a thought.

5. rmcmahanP345

rmcmahanP345 New Member

Not only is the SB249 B.S. going on on the California state level, but also the UN Arms treaty is being met on this month which will not only be focused on disarming American citizens, but also drawing down a good percentage of our nuclear weapons and trusting Russia and other countries to do the same! Just another great idea from Obama!!

6. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I don't think you'd have to sell them for nothing. I went through the first assault weapon ban in California and what they did is set a date by which all weapons in violation had to be sold outside the state or turned in to police. I sold mine to dealers, but many chose private sales to make more money.

List them here or on Armslist and you'll probably get some fair offers.

7. xcoreyyyx

xcoreyyyx New Member

^^
    Lol I was implying for them to sell to us. I don't live in Cali and never will haha.

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

If it passes I would hope existing guns would be grandfathered in. Hopefully the bill will be struck down, especially in this heated election year. Call your senators and representatives now!

9. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

10. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

$q+%^&*%$+#_#$%^&. I've joined part of a campaign lead by the Calguns foundation months ago to try and nip this bill in the proverbial bud. I honestly don't know how much of a chance we have tho, as much of california is populated by tree hugging liberals. But we are trying our best. P

11. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

Is there a petition online I can sign? If so post the link.

12. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Never give up your rights. Stand firm. They have no ground to take anything from you. They would be prying them out of my dead hands after one hell of a fight.

13. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  14. louieboots

louieboots New Member

Yeah brothers please help us Californians out by supporting this battle! We need all the help we can get..

15. SSCRS

SSCRS New Member

Man am I glad I don't live in California anymore.

16. angurvail

angurvail New Member

There is no way that this bill will pass. It would be opening pandoras box.

17. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Me too. Btw, quentin, this won't allow for any "grandfathering" and it will make most ARs I've seen, illegal.

18. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

I have a suspicion it can, and very well may, pass

19. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alUCZ3IlZbY&feature=related[/ame][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfgCK1z68co&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  20. SSCRS

SSCRS New Member

To be fair, there still is no definition of conversion kit. The law is so vague, and that is what really worries me.