California Is Run By Criminals...

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by ScottG, Mar 16, 2009.

1. ScottG

ScottG New Member

But you already knew that!!!

I was cruising around J&G Sales website and clicked the C&R Guns section. I saw they're selling the CZ 82. I was looking at the description and noticed this little gem: "CZ-82 Czech 9x18 Makarov Military pistol, California ok with NO mags, good condition."

I nearly burst out laughing. What good is the gun without a magazine?? None of course! I clicked the link to find out more and J&G recommends going to the California Atty Gen website to the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale page. The laughter ended. I perused the Decertified Handguns page. If they are going to make the possession, sale, or trade of the venerable Colt Police Positive illegal, then you know it's full out criminality on the part of those running the government. This list is full of C&R guns! The thugs in California won't even let you have those!!!

Glad I left years ago. All of my guns would be illegal there....

2. Dcomf

Dcomf New Member

If you don't live here and it doesn't affect you then why would you care? Every state has some form of gun control laws on the book, some more strict than others. New York and Massachusetts are 2 off the top of my head. California isn't perfect but there's still a lot going for it.

3. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I was trying to sleep and my sixth sense told me someone was complaining about guns laws... I don't want to hear it. I have an approved firearms roster. How restrictive can you get? Seriously. Approved Weapons Rosters - Executive Office of Public Safety

My state is tied for 3rd, that means I'm close winning right?[​IMG]

4. mpd8488

mpd8488 New Member

Because the laws of California have this nasty tendency to creep across the entire nation. And frankly the right to bear arms has no borders as far as we should be concerned. We can all look toward California to see exactly what is on Congress' gun control agenda.

5. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Like what? I used to think it would be cool to live there, mainly because of the beaches and the hot women. Hell, Florida has both and that state isn't ran by anti-gun hippies that won't let you fart without filling a permit for it first.

I'm with Scott, What good is a mag-fed pistol without the mag? California has real problems, problems with gangs and pollution and crime and they decide to pass laws making a perfectly good pistol illegal. I don't get Cali's gun laws, I mean they say this brand 1911 is not legal but this brand 1911 is legal. What give's?

6. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Not having the gub'ment breathing down my neck is one reason why I like living in Indiana.

7. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

Thats a booklet that "summarizes" Cali's gun laws.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/Cfl2007.pdf

Correct me if I'm wrong, but summary means short usually, that's 55 pages long. Holy crap, one more place to never hope to get stationed.

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

California is not worried about gangs or illegal immagrants no they are worried about law abiding gun owners runing around causing all these problems. You know if you shoot a squirrel with a lead bullet you just kill every condor in california. Man have you ever seen that bird that is one UGLY MOFO let the dam thing die.

It is the same with almost everything. They are not worried about the people breaking the laws they are worried about the ones that are not.

Think back to the 80 and 90's when the spotted owl crap was going on. The tree huggers said you could only find them in old growth forest. As kids we would see them all over in old and new growth forest. In fact some researchers did a study and found that the number of owls in old growth was lower than the ammount in new growth. Then you didn't hear anything else about that darn stupid owl.

I had a friend get told he could not plant crops on his land because some tree hugger that was tresspassing found some darn microscopic bug that only lived in vernal pools in a 5 mile area of northen calie. If you don't know hippie tree hugger talk a vernal pool is a god dam mud puddle that stays wet for more than a month.

I think we need to split northen calie from southern calie If you split them right above sacramento and san francisco the part to the north would become a free state again. Who cares about the south I say anex them from the country and let them live like them tree huggin bunny lover movie stars want to live. See what happens then.

9. Dcomf

Dcomf New Member

10. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I'm not saying Cali has problems and the rest of the country doesn't. I know my state has it's problems as does every other state in the union but Cali seems to be full of the type of people that cry when a squirrel is shot for food. I'm not saying you are one of these people, I'm merely saying that of all the states California seems to hate gun owners and hunters the most.

I don't 4-wheel because I don't have a 4x4. I've rode shotgun with friends who have driven on trails and in mud pits but it's just not my thing right now. It costs too damn much. We have 4-wheeling areas that aren't mud pits too. Less than hour from where I live there is an abandoned quarry that is known for it's trails. I'm not sure exactly where it's at because I've never been there but I've heard friends of mine talking about it.

11. Dcomf

Dcomf New Member

That's because all most people have ever heard is negative about Ca especially pertaining to firearms. Those people need to turn off the tv and actually read or ask someone that lives here. LA and SF do not define the state. Plenty of areas here are progun and prohunting, you just never hear about. The PETA types make the news and suddenly the whole Ca population hugs gay whales? Come on, nobody can be that naive to think that. I hunt northern Ca every year, that's where most animal concentrations are, for deer and bear. We even allow dogs for bear and pig which most of the supposed squirrel cuddling politicos would consider barbaric yet it is still allowed. Hell, we even allow hunting on Sundays with semi-auto weapons, there are some other states that can't say the same.

I used wheeling as an example of what is allowed here. We have issues with greenies wanting close trails but so do other states, Moab and Tellico being two big ones. There are other respectable firearm sites out there that discourage bashing like this, especially directed at Ca. Maybe the mods here could adopt similar rules or at least move this to a more appropriate section.

12. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I'm done discussing it, like you said, it is the C&R section and maybe that's all we hear is bad. I don't know, never been there. That's a good thing about this forum, maybe it was in the wrong section and directed towards California but the admin guys on here are pretty good about not banning people just because of their opinions. After all, the 1st amendment is as important as the 2nd.

You sound like you are one of the good California residents, no hard feelings about our differences in opinions?:D

13. Dcomf

Dcomf New Member

No offense taken. Just setting the record straight for the misinformed is all. The implication wasn't to have anyone banned, but to try to introduce a little civility in the matter. After all I don't see anyone perpetuating the inbred, sister loving, hookworm ridden, toothless, weedbending, shoeless southerner stereotype. :D

14. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

California's bullsh!t won't creep into Texas.

15. chucksolo69

chucksolo69 New Member

I live in California and I love it. I do however hate the Liberal, gun hating idiots who make up the majority of our legislature. I hate having to take a test every 5 years so I can buy a gun. I hate having to wait 10 days to pick up any firearm, even long guns. I hate knowing I can't buy an AR15 or AK47 or even a Thompson semi-auto carbine. But I can put up with that for the beauty of the state. Hopefully someday the dolts in the legislature will see the error of their ways. At least I can still buy handguns and guns like the Mini 14.

16. Dcomf

Dcomf New Member

Why can't you buy an AR15? Are you a Felon or something? It's perfectly legal to buy an AR in Ca with all the evil features you desire. The only caveat is it can't have a "removable magazine". You get around that by using a Bullet Button to "affix" the mag so it can be removed by a tool (cartridge). See, you learn something new everyday.

17. WILDCATT

WILDCATT New Member

guns

I came from Mass and now in SC,did you know there are more northeners here than natives.mass is restrictive but not as bad as its made out it has the same problem you have in cal.[I have a son and great grand children]he is in Tahatchipi?its the polititions that kill the state.[both].its like CHUCK said
    "polititions".:rolleyes::eek::D:D

18. AARguy

AARguy New Member

CA

I was born and raised in NY. As an old Army guy I've lived in NJ, MA, PA, GA, FL, VA, TX, MO, OK, KS, NH, and more. Now I live in CA. The gun laws here are Draconian. The Brady bums rate CA gun laws as the best in the nation. That means the worst to any gun owner. No rifle can have a pistolm grip AND a removable mag so we need "bullet buttons". How silly is THAT? Every two years, manufacturers must submit 10 weapopns of each type they intend to sell in CA for "destructive testing" in order to be declared safe and be authorized for sale. Ten weapons OF EACH TYPE! A lot of manufacturers simply walk away. The Beretta 96D I bought here ten years ago, for example, can no longer be sold here because Beretta didn't think it was worth it.

A guy was arrested here locally for having loaded magazines in his car. No gun. Just loaded magazines. CA gun laws are so convoluted that even the cops are cofused.

My wife is a CPA and tells me that CA income tax is headed to 11.5% next year. Sales taxes typically run in excess of 10% (state plus local) and criminal immigrants run rampant.

The people of CA are among the friendliest in the world, the beaches are great, and the weather is perfect... but between the gun laws and the taxes, does anyone know of a good engineering job opening in Texas?

19. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

We're finally leaving CA come Spring. 'Nuff said.

20. orangello

orangello New Member

Hey did you see this thread: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/anyone-know-any-design-engineers-33261/ ?

Please help kill some bears with your brain (not like the goat staring).